Mendota Heights Long Distance Moving Companies
If you would like to live in a serene place, away from the noisy and congested cities, Mendota Heights is the place for you. The city is located in Dakota County, Minnesota. It’s close to the twin cities of Minneapolis and St Paul which ensure it enjoys the amenities, recreational activities and media attention the cities get. It’s known for forests, hills and nature trails that cover hundreds of kilometers. Move to Mendota Heights and visit the Fort Snelling State Park. You can enjoy picturesque landscapes, thousands of animals and recreational activities. There are several moving companies that operate in Dakota County, but none beats A-1 Auto Transport. We also provide vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a moving company
- Cost-efficient: Time is money. When conducting long distance moves, you need to deliver the items in the shortest duration possible. Movers have the experience to pack your items very fast which prevents additional expenses from popping up. Moving companies insure items to protect the customer against loss.
- Proper inventory: Keeping track of all your items during a move is not easy. You can easily forget or misplace some of them. Moving companies create an inventory as they pack and load your items. They comb the whole house after moving to ensure nothing has been forgotten. They also use real-time satellite tracking to ensure your items are safe during transit.
- Minimal/zero accidents: One of the most important advantages of moving companies is zero accidents. They use professionally trained personnel who have mastered the moving process. They have conducted thousands of moves and know areas of probable accidents. They pack the items in quality boxes and move them in air cushioned carriers.
- Packing: Packing is one of the most cumbersome moving tasks. It accounts for a huge chunk of moving expenses and time. Moving companies can pack your items safely and short durations.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best mover in Mendota Heights
Membership: Check the company’s registration with professional bodies. Most reputable state to state moving companies are members of the American Movers and Storage Association. They have to adhere to the association’s strict code of conduct. They are identified by the Promover logo and are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association.
Use the Minnesota Transport Services Association to find movers operating within the state of Minnesota. All members are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Transport. They have to pass the equipment, skills and insurance test so as to get a household items moving permit.
- Training: Check the type of training the company administers to its personnel. All the personnel should have at least 80 hours of in-depth training.
- Brokers: Avoid brokerage firms. Most brokers lack moving equipment and a permanent address. Once you hire them to conduct you move, they source for the cheapest mover available to handle your move. This is all done without your knowledge.
- Storage: Choose a moving company with warehouses. This means they have invested adequately to cater to all their customer needs. Visit the warehouses and confirm their condition.
Make your move to Mendota Heights stress free
- Prepare in advance. Tasks like hiring a company, getting an estimate and sourcing for moving supplies should be accomplished at least two months before moving day. Simple tasks like changing your address at USPS, switching utilities and canceling deliveries should be done weeks to moving day.
- Visit the new premises and check out the amenities and people around. Get to make a few friends and emergency contacts. The neighbours can inform you of the rules before you contravene them and attract fines.
- Keep track of what you’re spending by preparing a budget. Cut unnecessary expenses by reducing the amount of items you want moved. You can also get free packing material from org.
- When packing, begin with rarely used items as you progress to everyday items. Use mobile packing apps to increase your efficiency and reduce the packing cost. You can also hire A-1 Auto Transport’s full-service moves which include packing, loading and house arrangement.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
At A-1 Auto Transport we develop long term relationships with our customers with each move we handle. This means we have to provide the best services and be consistent. Our outstanding social corporate responsibility record has been applauded by the Corporate Critic.
Our moving services
- Full-service moves
- Affordable long distance moves
- Vehicle relocations
- Local moves
- Office moves
- Military moves
- Storage services
Get in touch
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.