Melrose Park Long Distance Moving Companies
The rate at which Melrose Park is developing has attracted many companies to establish their businesses here. First time home buyers find it ideal due to its affordable houses and the beautiful scenery. Before making a move, one needs to consider whether to hire a mover or move on their own. It has been proven, that it's better hiring a professional moving company. A-1 Auto Transport is just one call away; you can visit our Illinois office and get free moving advice from our experts. We offer a wide range of moving services including vehicle transport.
Top moving tips
- As soon as you decide to move, start making early preparations. Clean your closets, electrical appliances, and the attic. Having less work to do on moving day will make your move less stressful.
- To continue receiving your mail and important bills, fill out a ‘change of address’ form at the local post office or online through the com portal.
- Make early reservations with a moving company. Six to eight weeks will suffice if you want to secure a date that’s convenient for you to move. Consider picking a moving date that falls on a weekday since most people are inclined to move during the weekends.
- Make arrangements to have your internet, phone and utilities disconnected a few days before you move. Let them know you are moving so that they can reconnect the services in your new house.
- All your cleaning supplies should be packed last after you have finished cleaning all your items and the rooms. You’ll also need the cleaning supplies when you arrive at your new house.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Experience: Most professional moving companies have been in the business for many years and have well-structured systems to make your relocation seamless. They are thorough and don’t compromise on the quality of services they deliver. Movers always have a backup plan in case of any mechanical problems with their trucks while in transit.
- Convenience: Since you’ve paid for the services, you expect your items to be delivered to your doorstep safe and in good condition. A-1 Auto Transport gets the job done and makes sure you are settled quickly. You can relax and think about other issues while we do the hard work for you.
- Services you can depend on: When seeking professional help, you want to reduce the stress that comes with moving. Ordinarily, when you hire a moving company, you sign a contract that the movers are bound to honor. You can be sure they will show up as agreed and deliver the services you signed for.
Tips on finding a reliable moving company
- People who have moved in the past find it difficult to forget their experience whether it was good or bad. They are always happy to share on sites like HomeAdvisor or Angie’s List. Search for your moving company and find out what people are saying before making a decision.
- Inspection. A reliable mover performs an on-site evaluation of your household items before coming up with an estimate that's precise. Avoid a company that gives quotes over the phone without sending their experts to you.
- Certification. The Illinois Movers’ and Warehousemen’s Association helps protect consumers from scammers by connecting them to movers who have undergone a strict background check. You can trust a certified member of IMAWA to provide high level services.
- A good mover should provide you with the Know Your Rights booklet. This is a guide that helps you know what to expect from your moving company before a move. This is also a requirement by the federal government.
- Local and international moving
- Door to door relocation
- Military relocation
- College moving
- Vehicle transport
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Coast to coast moving
- Packing and unpacking
- Cheap Melrose Park movers
For over 25 years, A-1 Auto Transport has consistently provided quality services to thousands of clients locally and internationally. We take pride in the many awards and accolades bestowed upon us and the positive feedback from satisfied customers. We are committed to working hard to give you the move you’ve always dreamt of. With us, all your belongings are safe.
To book your moving date, feel free to call us on 888-509-3213. Our customer representatives are available 24/7 to attend to all your moving concerns. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.