Medgar Evers College is one of the senior colleges of CUNY, located in Brooklyn, New York. It offers associate and baccalaureate degree programs. It was founded in 1970 through partnership between community leaders and educators in Brooklyn. The college is named after an African American civil rights leader, Medgar Wiley Evers, who was assassinated on June 12, 1963. The college has four schools which include the School of Professional and Community Development, the School of Business, the School of Science, Technology and Health, and the School of Liberal Arts and Education. Whether you are a high school graduate, a current student who has changed a major, or you have moved to New York and you are looking for a college near you, consider joining Medgar Evers College. However, moving to or from college comes with a lot of challenges. Getting a mover can save you from moving hassle. A-1 Auto Transport is an auto transport company which offers you the best moving services to or from Medgar Evers College.
Tips on how to make moving to or from Medgar Evers College easier
Moving is stressful. Here are the tips that can help you make it a success.
- Plan ahead: Planning is the beginning of a successful move. A proper plan makes you organized. Start by booking a dorm or apartment. This will make you have a clear picture of your new room; the size, utilities provided, what you need to carry, and what you should not carry. If possible, get in touch with your roommate and agree on shared items that each of you should carry. This will avoid a situation where both of you have carried same bulky items.
- Prepare adequately: Preparations involve assembling all the packing materials such as moving boxes, bubble wrap, tapes among others. Save on the cost of moving by getting free or cheap packing materials such as used boxes, newsprints, and old shirts. Ensure that you only buy what is essential and what you cannot get in your new home. Bargain for discounts and favorable rates.
- Pack well and early: Once you have sorted out the essential items you need and gathered all the packing materials, it is time to start packing. Don’t wait until the last day. Pack carefully. You can seek help from family and friends.
- Hire a moving company: On your moving day, you may lack labor or equipment to help you lift the heavy furniture and pool table. Liaise with a professional mover to help you move.
Why you need a professional moving company for your Medgar Evers College move
Moving day is always exciting and the last thing you want is the hassle that comes with it. Here are the benefits of bringing a mover on board.
- No worry about heavy lifting. With no proper training, heavy lifting can cause injuries. Avoid heavy lifting on your move-in day by hiring a professional mover. They are well trained and have the right equipment.
- You are assured of safety. If you hire a mover, you get a safer moving process. Professional movers understand how to move items—packing, loading, unloading and unpacking. They also understand the routes much better.
- No much hassle. Relying on yourself, family and friends comes with a lot of risks and hassles. Professional movers can handle the whole process for you.
How to find the best university moving company
Getting a reputable moving company is difficult. With some patience and thorough research, you can find a reliable one. During your search, you should note that some companies dodge being assessed by the Better Business Bureau by switching names. Beware of such companies and avoid them. You should ensure that the company has a local address. They should also avail insurance and licensing details. Search online to find out whether there are complaints from previous customers about the company. To get more information about the company’s history, contact Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport gives you flexible moving solutions.
- We move your car, furniture and other household goods.
- We give you full service moving, right from packing to arranging your dorm whether you are moving from within the country, out of state or internationally.
- We give you moving advice.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- We are safe and reliable
- We handle your goods carefully using state-of-the-art equipment
- We have over 20 years of experience
- 97% of Medgar Evers College’s current students and alumni we have served before keep on referring their friends and family to us
- We keep our promises
Contact Us Now
Don’t look any further! Call our friendly customer care on 888-509-3213 or visit our website a1autotransport.com/services. Fill our form and get a free non-obligation quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.