McDonough Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving to a new place is an experience that can be thrilling and frightening at the same time. It’s like a re-birth. If you decide to explore a new city in Georgia, get exposed to different cultures and lifestyle, you need to hire professional movers. At A-1 Auto Transport, we don’t just move you; we take care of your household items like they were our own. So, if you have a move planned to McDonough, let us help you transition with ease. We also transport vehicles.
Tips to make your move easier
- Create a checklist of all the relevant tasks that must be accomplished before moving day. Set one-week intervals to complete each task before moving to the next. Follow the list if you want to achieve your targets.
- Declutter your house. Don’t move with items you no longer need. Consider donating them to charities or holding a yard sale.
- To pack efficiently, you need plenty of boxes of different sizes. Pack heavy items at the bottom followed by light items. When packing breakables, wrap them in soft clothes to prevent them from breaking.
- Make early reservations. Movers have busy schedules and you need to book early to secure a convenient moving date. The rates of moving fluctuate depending on the time of the year. Consider moving during late fall and also on weekdays.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Experience: Whether moving across the street or city, the experience of a moving company will determine the success of your move. Their staff is well trained to handle any household items no matter their size or shape. They have a well-established system to ensure your move is carried out professionally.
- Save time and money: There are a lot of activities that need to be performed for a smooth moving process. Sourcing for packing supplies, hiring people to help you pack, and hiring moving equipment. This can take a long time to pull through and in the end may mess up your moving plans. But with professional movers, all the planning and scheduling will be implemented with ease since it’s their area of expertise. They save you time and money that you could use for other things.
- Protection of your items: The federal government requires that a moving company provide the basic insurance cover of 60 cents per pound per item. In case of any accident during the relocation process, you are sure your items will be replaced or repaired. When you hire an insured company, your mind will be at ease. If you have expensive household items, it’s advisable to purchase additional insurance to provide extra protection.
How to find a reputable mover
Reviews are a sure way of determining a reliable moving company. The Better Business Bureau allows customers to leave comments and rate movers based on their experience with a moving company. Read the reviews carefully especially where complaints are concerned and find out how they were resolved.
A legitimate moving company has all the necessary legal documents from the FMCSA. The agency registers and licenses interstate movers who are then issued a USDOT Number. This is mandatory, and the movers are required to display the number on their trucks clearly. In Georgia, the Department of Public Safety gives permits to movers operating within the boundaries of the state.
The American Moving and Storage Association is a trusted site that helps protect consumers from being scammed. To qualify as a member, a moving company has to undergo a strict background check and operate within the association’s set Code of Ethics. Certified members are trustworthy and reliable.
We offer these services
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Vehicle transportation
- Local and international moving
- Residential moving and commercial moving
- Military relocation
- Coast to coast moving
- Packing and unpacking
- Pet transport
- Cheap McDonough movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is a top rated moving company in Georgia providing exceptional services. We use advanced technology to track our vehicles in transit to ensure the security of your household items. Our team is available 24/7 to support you every step of the way. For over 20 years, our focus has been delivery of quality services at unbeatable rates. We work professionally and handle each move with the diligence it deserves.
Give us a call
Get in touch with us today by calling 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com