- Best Massachusetts Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
- Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
- Cheap Movers Near Me
- Choosing Your Massachusetts Long Distance Movers
- Our Moving Services
- How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Massachusetts Long Distance Movers?
- Before Signing An Agreement
- Information You May Find Helpful
- International Moving Services In Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Cross Country Movers For Hire
- Massachusetts Storage Facility Directory
Best Massachusetts Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
You have to move… ugh! It is always so much work and frustration. It always seems like your life becomes consumed by chaos, packing tape, and bubble wrap. First, you have to pack everything in boxes and make sure that it is protected from breaking. Then you have to try and convince your friends and family to help you. Of course, the only ones who do are the ones who can’t think of an excuse to get out of it fast enough. You try to load everything up into a borrowed truck, but something always gets dropped or broken, and no one remembered to bring rope to tie everything down. You know how it goes, but there is good news. You don’t have to do it all alone. You could hire a professional Massachusetts moving company to help you.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Boston to New York||193 miles||$2,208- $2,752||$4,281- $6,184||1-2|
|Philadelphia to Boston||278 miles||$2,228- $2,772||$4,300- $6,192||2-4|
|Boston to Columbus||650 miles||$2,679- $3,360||$5,260- $7,622||3-5|
|Worcester to Atlanta||910 miles||$3,091- $3,897||$6,141- $8,940||3-5|
|Memphis to Boston||1141 miles||$3,370- $4,260||$6,740- $9,836||4-6|
|Miami to Worcester||1240 miles||$3,466- $4,385||$6,942- $10,135||4-6|
|Boston to Dallas||1563 miles||$3,788- $4,805||$7,630- $11,164||5-7|
|Phoenix to Worcester||1982 miles||$4,192- $5,330||$8,486- $12,436||5-7|
|Boston to Las Vegas||2497 miles||$4,647- $5,923||$9,462- $13,898||6-8|
|LA to Boston||2614 miles||$5,008- $6,395||$10,241- $15,068||7-9|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in Massachusetts? If you’re getting ready to start your new life in a whole new place, A1 Auto Transport would be thrilled to work with you. We handle moves that are just a state away or those that require an overseas plan. We have resources all over the globe to ensure your personal belongings get to your desired location safely and securely. We have teams that consist of moving specialists and professional transporters with years of experience to help you have a successful move. Our job is to take the stress off your shoulders so you can just meet us on the other side totally relaxed.
We encourage you to look over our website for some long distance moving tips and also create a moving plan. This plan can include everything from when you should have a yard sale to where the boxes in your new place should go. This plan will be the easiest way to track and stay focused on everything that has to be done before you leave your Massachusetts home for your new home.
Choosing Your Massachusetts Long Distance Movers
Don’t just go to the phone book and pick out the first moving company you see. It is important to make sure the company you are working with will be trustworthy. Be sure to do your research. These tips can help.
- How many years has this company been in the moving business: Make sure any moving company you are working with has a longstanding history in the industry. You want to work with professionals, not a couple of guys who bought a used moving van and work out of their garage.
- Look at reviews online: Sites like Yelp and Google reviews can be incredibly helpful in determining how a company does business. They won’t tell the whole story, but it can provide valuable insight into what you will be able to expect.
- Insurance and liability: The law only requires moving companies to insure $0.60 per pound of your possessions; however, some companies will offer more. It is in your best interest to inquire what their policy on this is.
- S. DOT Registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. This is especially important if you are moving across state lines.
- Services: Different companies will offer an array of convenient services to help you make your move even easier. You should find out what the company will provide and what they charge extra for.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Student relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Cheap Massachusetts movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Massachusetts Long Distance Movers?
The short answer is “It depends.” Every move is going to be different and in addition to that, outside factors such as if you are moving during the peak season and the current cost of fuel will all affect how much the total cost will be. Some companies will offer a rate calculator on their website. This can be helpful to give you an idea of what ballpark your price will be in, but if you want an accurate quote, you should call for a free estimate.
Before Signing an Agreement
- Verify all the information on your contract. Check to make sure the addresses and phone numbers are correct.
- Any additional services and their costs should be clearly listed and itemized on your moving agreement.
- The insurance and liability policy should be spelled out in the contract.
Information You May Find Helpful
- Consider keeping your jewelry valuables with you
- Check your homeowner’s insurance policy to see if it covers damages that may occur during a move.
- Request a copy of the inventory sheet from the moving company for your records.
- Collect the contact information of the professionals handling and moving your belongings
International Moving Services in Massachusetts
Moving can be a once in a lifetime event. You can take care of it yourself, though the experience will come at a big cost of time and mental energy. You’ll have to lift all of your belongings, figure out the packing process, get everything past the border, and so on.
Since you’re likely not going to move too often, there’s no good reason not to get help. Moving companies can be found easily, and their prices are affordable. If you’d like a lower quote, you can negotiate with the staff or compare prices until you find a company with fees you can afford.
Massachusetts Cross Country Movers for Hire
Marathon Moving Co.
129 York Ave.
Randolph, MA 02368
Gentle Giants Moving Company
25 Grove Street
Franklin, MA 02038
Boston Best Rate Movers
40 Rugg Rd.
Boston, MA 02134
Massachusetts Storage Facility Directory
Medford Self Storage
Medford, MA 02155
Secure Self Storage
Littleton Storage Solutions
509 Great Rd.
Littleton, MA 01460
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the best movers to help me move to or from Massachusetts?
Finding the best movers is essential when looking to trust people to care for your belongings. You can go to the Massachusetts Movers Association (MMA) website to search for movers, check reviews, and even connect with moving suppliers.
Use the tools at your fingertips, literally, and get the help you need and want.
I’m moving to the state of Massachusetts. What do I need to know about any mover I may select?
Movers in Massachusetts must be licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU). No matter how much you are moving, very little, or a lot, DPU can give you information that will be helpful when looking for a reputable mover.
If necessary, how do I file a complaint against a moving company?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) website provides a list that allows you to look up interstate moving companies by state. With this list, you can review their complaint history and the company’s on-road safety performance records.
They also provide information on protecting yourself against moving fraud and the red flags you can look for to spot rogue movers.
If you experience trouble with your mover, you can file a complaint with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) or the Better Business Bureau.
How is a moving company responsible for any loss of my items during a move?
Under federal law, interstate movers are required to offer a minimum level of damage protection not based on the value of your items but their weight. Unfortunately, the minimum coverage is only 0.60 per pound.
If you want full coverage for the value of your items, you’ll have to purchase full damage coverage from your mover or a third party.
To find out more about your mover’s responsibility when it comes to loss, click here.
How do I get title and insurance on my car during or after my move to Massachusetts?
This question is always top-of-mind for people when they’re moving. The Mass.gov site has all the info you need to register and title your car from a dealer, an individual, out-of-state, or even a limited-use vehicle.