Moving is a process most people consider daunting. Not only do they consider it a hassle, they would prefer if they could relocate without having to go through the whole process of moving. This is wishful thinking because moving cannot be wished away, but it can actually be mastered and made less stressful. Americans are known to move a lot, a total number of 12 times in the life of an adult in America is the country’s average. Therefore, your student move is just the first of many moves you will make in your entire lifetime. Wouldn’t you want to make your move to or from Massachusetts College of Art and Design as seamless as possible? Then, stick with us because we have tons of advice to give you. Our company has been in existence for over twenty years now and we have had considerable success moving students like you all over Massachusetts and the entire country.
How to have a seamless student move
Here are a few tips to help you achieve a seamless student move.
- Pack like a pro: Packing requires you to be able to use what you have available before you can go out to buy moving boxes. Use your suitcases to pack heavy items like books and shoes. Furthermore, items on hangers can be wrapped together in plastic wrapping and laid neatly in suitcases.
- De-clutter: Pack only what you will absolutely need; anything else is clutter. Create three piles for your clutter; one to sell, another one to donate and the last one to trash. You will be surprised by how much you can raise from selling what you do not need.
- Get help: Ask friends and family to lend a hand whenever they can especially as you prepare to move and on the actual moving day. Another fantastic way to get help is by hiring a professional moving company.
Pros of hiring a professional moving company
Hiring a professional mover ensures that everything runs smoothly on moving day and that your mind is at ease. Here are some more advantages of hiring a professional moving company.
- Everything remains organized: Professional moving crews are able to ensure that your move stays organized by packing each room systematically. Furthermore, they ensure that none of your items get mixed up such as bolts and nuts, as well as cabling for electrical appliances.
- The process is smoother: Moving involves lots of tasks that require many sets of hands working at the same time. A professional moving company will ensure that you have enough moving labor to make everything run smoothly.
- Your items are safe: Handling heavy as well as fragile items requires special skills which professional movers have. Furthermore, moving insurance will cover your items against any damage or loss for the duration of the move.
Finding the best university mover
There are basic aspects that need to be observed as you look for a mover that will suit your needs best. Here are some of them.
A long track record in the moving industry is very important as it will point out the company’s expertise in handling different kinds of moves. Furthermore, an experienced mover is better placed at giving you better service than a relatively new company would.
Involvement in the community
A moving company that is involved in community activities has a more trustworthy demeanor. This is because they are not just about making a quick buck, but are genuinely concerned about giving back to society.
You want to sign up a moving company that has a wide array of moving services to offer under one roof. A company that offers more services is better placed in handling your move in a professional way.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A1 Auto Transport moving services
We offer a wide array of moving services such as local and long distance moving, state to state and nationwide moving, international moving as well as coast to coast moving services. Moreover, we offer dorm arrangement services, specialty shipping of pool tables, furniture disassembly and reassembly, moving estimates, free moving advice, access to cheap and affordable moving companies, and provision of moving boxes and supplies.
Benefits of choosing to move with us
Besides having a wide array of moving services, we are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider. Not only are we a valid moving company, we also have professional accreditations from bodies such as the American Moving and Storage Association and the ProMover. Our Better Business Bureau rankings have remained consistent throughout the two decades and more that we have been in business.
Move with us
Call us via 888-509-3213 to move with us today. You may also contact us by filling out the form found at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.