Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Maryland
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Best Maryland Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
You have only a few days left before your big move and you can already feel the tightening in the pit of your stomach, the stress building, and the dread of lost and broken things. We have all been there. Moving is tough, stressful and frustrating. It doesn’t matter if you are moving across town or across the country, it brings the same feelings. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be this way. You could hire a professional moving company from Maryland to help.
Professional movers take all the awkward and heavy furniture lifting out of the equation, leaving you to actually enjoy the excitement of moving to a new bigger and better home. All you have to do is show up at your new address and meet your belongings there!
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Choosing Your Maryland Long Distance Movers
You cannot be too careful when you decide to hire a moving company. You trust them with everything you own, after all. Make sure you do your research and pick out a company that will treat your belongings with respect.
- How long has the company been in the moving business: Make sure you choose a company with experience. A newer company may offer better prices, but a company who has been around for a while is better prepared to handle any problems that may occur. You can also be sure that they won’t just disappear into the night with your belongings, never to be seen again.
- Check out reviews and testimonials: You can gain a great deal of knowledge by looking a company up on sites like Yelp or Google reviews. Be sure to pay special attention to testimonials of people who have had issues. They can give you valuable insight into how a problem will be handled if you run into one during your move.
- Inquire about the company’s insurance: The law only requires moving companies to insure $0.60 per pound of your possessions, however, some companies will offer more. It could be a good idea to see where you stand in the event of any damage.
- DOT Registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. This is especially important if you are moving across state lines.
- Optional services and add ons: Different services, like packing, unpacking, automobile transportation, etc. may be offered. If you want or need any of these services, be sure to enquire about the additional charges.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including the use of proper packing materials
- Door to door delivery for your convenience
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment, condominium and house moving
- Military relocations
- Student moves
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- cheap movers in Maryland
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving including piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Maryland Long Distance Movers?
Calculating the exact cost of a moving company can be difficult. Many factors go into the final price, including fuel costs, the distance you are moving, the weight of your load, and any additional services you have chosen. Some moving companies offer an online calculator to help you estimate your costs, but you will get a more accurate idea of cost by calling the company and requesting a free quote.
Prior to Signing a Contract with a Mover
- Check all relevant information including the addresses on your agreement. You wouldn’t want to have to hunt down your things because they were brought to the wrong address.
- Make sure all additional charges and fees are listed clearly on your contract.
- Your company’s insurance and liability policy should be included on the contract.
- Transport your valuables with you
- Request a copy of the inventory sheet from the moving company for your records
- Gather the contact information from the driver of the freight truck
Maryland Cross Country Movers for Hire
Budget Moving Inc.
3520 N Rolling Rd.
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
2668 Merchant Dr.
Baltimore, MD 21230
495 Movers Inc.
640 Lofstrand Ln.
Rockville, MD 20850
Maryland Storage Facility Directory
Your Space Storage at St. Charles
9265 Berger Rd.
Columbia, MD 21046
Westlake Self Storage
7010 Saint Florian Dr.
Waldorf, MD 20603
State to State Moving Services in Maryland
- Bel Air
- Bowie State University
- College Park
- Coppin State University
- Frostburg State University
- Havre de Grace
- Morgan State University
- New Carrollton
- Salisbury University
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland
- Takoma Park
- Towson University
- University Of Baltimore
- University Of Maryland Biotechnology Institute
- University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- University Of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University Of Maryland
- University of Maryland University College
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University Of Maryland, Baltimore
- Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine