Manhattan Long Distance Moving Companies
Each year thousands of people move to new cities. Some move in search of jobs while others move for education purposes. Moving to Manhattan? A-1 Auto Transport has all the resources you need for a seamless move. Based in Kansas, we provide services that are designed to cater to the needs of every individual. We will help you pack and unpack and make sure you’re fully settled. We also relocate vehicles.
Top moving tips
- Start packing early. This is a long and tiresome process that can be overwhelming if you wait until the last minute. Pack at least two boxes a day, and you’ll be surprised at your progress as moving day approaches.
- Don’t forget communication is important; change your address through the USPS portal. Forwarding your mail ensures that you continue receiving bank statements and your monthly magazine subscriptions among other documents.
- Create an inventory of your belongings. This is important and will help you account for any missing items when they are delivered to your new place. If your mover takes their inventory, ask for a copy to compare with yours to make sure nothing has been left out.
- Label your boxes in a way that they can easily be identified when they are stacked. You can use a color coding system where different colors represent different rooms. Mark the boxes with stickers of the corresponding colors to make it easy for the movers when unloading.
- Have your utilities turned off at your current house and turned on at your new home. This way you won't pay for bills you haven’t used. You also move into a house that is already connected with electricity, internet, and water.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional mover?
- Efficiency: Even if you decide to move on your own, you won’t pack as fast and efficiently as a professional moving company. They are trained for this job and have the right packing materials to keep your items safe. They know how to handle fragile stuff like vases and paintings and will make sure they are promptly delivered.
- Cost-effective: Professional movers have a system they follow when calculating the cost of moving. The expenses are captured in one place, and you are charged either hourly or a fixed bill. Since the calculations are based on predetermined facts, you are given an accurate cost that you only pay once the items are delivered.
- Resourcefulness: When moving on your own, there are items you can’t lift or carry even with the help of friends. They are probably too bulky to fit through your narrow doorway or too heavy to be carried down the stairs. However, with professional movers, this is a piece of cake. They have the right tools and equipment to handle heavy pieces of furniture and safely load them into the trucks.
- Protection: With a professional moving company, your items are insured. They are trained to handle your belongings with utmost care and protect them from any damage. In case of an accident, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll be compensated.
Ways to find a reliable mover
Check the Better Business Bureau website for any claims or complaints filed against the mover you intend to hire. This information will tell you a lot about their professionalism. If the majority of people served by the company have complained, it means the company does not provide services you can rely on.
Ask the moving company you are interested in for referrals. A reliable mover should provide you with a list of customers they have moved so that you can contact them and get the information you need. Referrals offer the best leads since you’re getting firsthand information.
Get the insights from past customers by reading online reviews from trusted sites like Angie’s List and TrustLink. Reading the comments of other customers will give you valuable details regarding the services of a particular moving company. If there are any complaints, it will be especially important to find out how they were resolved.
- Door to door moving
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transport
- Storage facilities
- Packing and unpacking
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Cheap Manhattan movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Our team is highly experienced in handling any move. Our services are of high quality and affordable. When you hire A-1 Auto Transport, the experts dive in and offer you free advice to make your move less stressful.
Get in touch
Contact us today on 888-509-3213 or fill out the form at the top of this page for free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org