Mamaroneck Long Distance Moving Companies
Mamaroneck in Westchester County is one of the most affordable places to visit or stay in New York. It is positioned beautifully along the waters of Long Island Sound. It is a beautiful, busy town full of genuinely warm people. The town boasts of lots of beautiful architecture and has lots of activities you can engage in. We invite you to move with A-1 Auto Transport Inc to or from Mamaroneck. We also offer auto transport services.
Long distance mover verification
To avoid being duped by unscrupulous people, you should look for local movers within Mamaroneck; avoid going for out of town movers.
Have each of the identified movers visit your premises for an on-site quote. Before the assessor from each company leaves make sure you have collected the following information:
- The company’s full business name
- How long they have been in business
- Whether they will provide insurance for your move and how it will be determined
- Company contacts – website, official email address, postal address and phone numbers
- The company’s USDOT and MC license numbers
Things to consider before taking a decision
With the information you have gathered conduct a search about the company. Here are some of the things you should be on the lookout for:
- The contact details the assessor provided you with should match those in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration registry.
- Compare the details on how long the company has been in business and check under number of power units and drivers that the company has registered.
- Confirm if they are still an active carrier by checking the ‘out of service’ field. If they are still active that field should read ‘no.’
- Under ‘operation classification’ check to ensure they are authorized for hire.
- If doing an interstate move, check for an ‘X’ marking right next to the word interstate.
- Under ‘inspections’ check to confirm that each of the companies does not have a higher average than the national average.
- Make sure that each of the companies has a satisfactory result in the ‘safety rating.’
- At the end of that page click on the ‘FMCSA Licensing & Insurance site’ link. It will direct you to a page where you should get insurance details of each of the companies. All moving companies are required to have a bodily-injury and property-damage (BIPD) insurance cover of not less than $750,000. On this page under the ‘Insurance on file’ check to confirm that BIPD is not less than the recommended $750,000 and that the ‘Cargo’ box says yes.
- In the event you are unclear about anything regarding any of the companies, contact FMSCA. Call 202-366-9805 for licensing queries and 202-385-2423 for insurance queries.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
We specialize in offering our Mamaroneck clients full services in:
- International auto transport
- Coast to coast moves
- Military moves
- Door to door moves
- Pet moves
- Commercial moves
- State to state moving
- College moves
- Moving bulky or awkwardly shaped articles
- Vacation moves
- Residential moves
- Delivery services
- International moves
Why move with us?
- Licensed and bonded. We are registered by the FMSCA to conduct all types of moves. We can move you safely and reliably from coast to coast, state to state or even overseas. All our quotes include an insurance component to protect your move with us.
- Years of experience. We have been in the transport industry for over two decades offering nothing but the best range of services.
- Solution-driven. Every move carries its own unique challenges and set of problems. However, that has not stopped us from giving great service to the thousands of Americans we serve each year. We customize all our moving solutions to suit your immediate moving needs.
- Best prices. We give you all our services at highly competitive prices.
- Wide coverage. We have offices and warehouse facilities in all the 50 states in the US. We also have a good number of global offices.
- Environmental protection. We care about our environment and we have taken all the necessary measures to reduce our carbon footprint. This has seen us enlisted on The Smart Way Program by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
Contact us Today
If you need free moving consultation, please fill in the form at the top of the site. One of our agents will get in touch with you. Alternatively, you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall get back to you as soon as possible. If you need to speak to one of our representatives, please do so by calling 888-509-3213.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com