Best Maine Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Going through a move can be a tough thing. Something always seems to get lost or broken. You end up damaging walls or door jams trying to get bulky furniture through them. There is usually at least a minor injury. It is just plain stressful, but it doesn’t have to be.
Whether you are moving across town or across the country, you can alleviate a lot of stress by hiring a moving company out of Maine to help you. They can do all the hard work and heavy lifting for you. Some will even pack up your things, and unpack them at your new home for an extra fee. All you will have to do is show up at your new house and meet your belongings that are already there waiting for you.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Lewiston to NY||303 miles||$2,374- $2,965||$4,627- $6,694||2-4|
|Philadelphia to Bangor||468 miles||$2,463- $3,078||$4,796- $6,926||2-4|
|Columbus to Bangor||803 miles||$2,914- $3,666||$5,756- $8,356||3-5|
|Lewiston to Memphis||1217 miles||$3,446- $4,360||$6,897- $10,065||4-6|
|Maine to Georgia||1285 miles||$3,416- $4,320||$6,827- $9,955||4-6|
|Miami to Lewiston||1387 miles||$3,544- $4,486||$7,103- $10,370||4-6|
|Bangor to Dallas||1719 miles||$3,970- $5,040||$8,010- $11,724||5-7|
|Las Vegas to Bangor||2483 miles||$4,720- $6,017||$9,611- $14,114||7-9|
|Maine to Oregon||2623 miles||$4,966- $6,340||$10,144- $14,915||7-9|
|LA to Lewiston||2641 miles||$4,976- $6,353||$10,168- $14,952||7-9|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Choosing Your Maine Long Distance Movers
It is important to make sure the company you are hiring to move you is trustworthy and reliable. You don’t want to hire some fly by night company and have them disappear with everything you own.
- Look at the company’s reputation: Look at a few different reviews and testimonials on sites like Yelp. Look for reviews where a problem was handled.
- Experience: Hire a company that has been in business for a long time. You don’t want your things getting damaged because of inexperience.
- Insurance Coverage:The law only requires moving companies to hold insurance on $0.60 per pound of your belongings. The company may cover more. It is important to find out how much protection there will be in the event of any damage.
- Department of Transportation: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. This is especially important if you are moving across state lines.
- Additional services and fees: Most moving companies offer many different additional services that you can take advantage of such as packing and unpacking. You should find out what is available and how much extra it will cost.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Cheap Maine moving prices
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Maine Long Distance Movers?
It is hard to put an exact figure on the cost of hiring a moving company because the price is affected by a number of different factors. Things that can influence the total cost are the price of fuel, the distance you are traveling, even what time of year you are making your move in. You should get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare. Most will provide a free estimate if you give them a call.
Before Signing Anything…
- Every additional service you have chosen and its associated costs should be listed clearly on your agreement.
- Make sure the addresses on your paperwork are correct. The last thing anyone wants is for your possessions to go to the wrong place because of a typo.
- Make sure your contract clearly explains the company’s policy on insurance coverage. You will want to be sure you know exactly how much coverage you have in the event of an accident.
- Transport your valuables with you
- Request a copy of the inventory sheet from the moving company.
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies may cover any damages incurred during a move. Check with your insurance agent before moving day to see if yours does.
Related Information & FAQ
Maine Cross Country Movers for Hire
Liberty Bell Moving & Storage
422 1 Fore St. 2 Suite #1
Portland, ME 04101
Central Maine Moving and Storage
78 Rice St #1
Bangor, ME 04401
95 Pleasant Hill Rd. Unit B.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Maine Storage Facility Directory
Cumberland Self Storage
14 Maine St. #208
Brunswick, ME 04011
Prime Storage Group
642 Sanford Rd.
Wells, ME 04090
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.