Best Maine Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Going through a move can be a tough thing. Something always seems to get lost or broken. You end up damaging walls or door jams trying to get bulky furniture through them. There is usually at least a minor injury. It is just plain stressful, but it doesn’t have to be.
Whether you are moving across town or across the country, you can alleviate a lot of stress by hiring a moving company out of Maine to help you. They can do all the hard work and heavy lifting for you. Some will even pack up your things, and unpack them at your new home for an extra fee. All you will have to do is show up at your new house and meet your belongings that are already there waiting for you.
Choosing Your Maine Long Distance Movers
It is important to make sure the company you are hiring to move you is trustworthy and reliable. You don’t want to hire some fly by night company and have them disappear with everything you own.
- Look at the company’s reputation: Look at a few different reviews and testimonials on sites like Yelp. Look for reviews where a problem was handled.
- Experience: Hire a company that has been in business for a long time. You don’t want your things getting damaged because of inexperience.
- Insurance Coverage:The law only requires moving companies to hold insurance on $0.60 per pound of your belongings. The company may cover more. It is important to find out how much protection there will be in the event of any damage.
- Department of Transportation: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. This is especially important if you are moving across state lines.
- Additional services and fees: Most moving companies offer many different additional services that you can take advantage of such as packing and unpacking. You should find out what is available and how much extra it will cost.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Cheap Maine moving prices
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Maine Long Distance Movers?
It is hard to put an exact figure on the cost of hiring a moving company because the price is affected by a number of different factors. Things that can influence the total cost are the price of fuel, the distance you are traveling, even what time of year you are making your move in. You should get quotes from multiple moving companies to compare. Most will provide a free estimate if you give them a call.
Before Signing Anything…
- Every additional service you have chosen and its associated costs should be listed clearly on your agreement.
- Make sure the addresses on your paperwork are correct. The last thing anyone wants is for your possessions to go to the wrong place because of a typo.
- Make sure your contract clearly explains the company’s policy on insurance coverage. You will want to be sure you know exactly how much coverage you have in the event of an accident.
- Transport your valuables with you
- Request a copy of the inventory sheet from the moving company.
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies may cover any damages incurred during a move. Check with your insurance agent before moving day to see if yours does.
Related Information & FAQ
Maine Cross Country Movers for Hire
422 1 Fore St. 2 Suite #1
Portland, ME 04101
78 Rice St #1
Bangor, ME 04401
95 Pleasant Hill Rd. Unit B.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Maine Storage Facility Directory
14 Maine St. #208
Brunswick, ME 04011
642 Sanford Rd.
Wells, ME 04090