Moving can prove to be a stressful process. From looking for a suitable home or a suitable university, to considering the actual moving process and the emotional upheaval, moving is justifiably a challenging time for any person. Despite these daunting facts, at least 43 million Americans move every year. As a student, you may be looking at your impending move to or from Maine Maritime Academy with mixed feelings. However, we can assure you that all moves need not be a daunting process. Having been in the moving industry for over 20 years, we have taken care of different moves all over the world and country as well as right here in Maine with great success. Our specialty is in all types of moves; residential, commercial and even university moves such as yours. Whether you are looking at moving interstate or long distance, we can assure you one thing, you are in good hands with us.
How to achieve a smooth student move
Moving as a student makes the process significantly more difficult considering this could be your first individual move as an adult. Notwithstanding, we have compiled some tips to help you achieve a smooth move.
- Budget and save: Moving is an expensive venture. You have got to consider the cost of buying moving supplies such as boxes and tape, plastic wrap and bubble wrap, as well as the cost of hiring a moving truck and so on. Once you have a rough budget, begin saving towards it.
- Re-purpose: To cut down on moving costs, you can choose to re-purpose various items instead of buying them. This could include packing boxes; you can get free or cheap used boxes from the grocery store instead of buying new ones. Furthermore, your suitcases make for a perfect place to pack your items.
Why you should consider hiring a professional moving company
Moving is in itself a tedious and time-consuming project which, if not handled well, can be stressful. Here are some valid reasons why you should consider hiring a moving company.
- Accountability: Once you hire a moving company, they will be held accountable for your entire move. This includes the safety and condition of your belongings from the minute the move begins to the moment they arrive at your new destination.
- Speed: Professional moving companies pride themselves in having good speed of delivery by ensuring prompt and professional services. Your moving time is bound to be reduced when you use a professional moving company.
- No hassle: Asking for help from friends and family does not take away the hassle from your move. You will still have to be actively involved in the process. When you hire a professional mover, they will take care of the whole process for you.
Tips to finding a good university mover
Finding a good mover is a challenging process for most people as they may not know where to begin. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Location: Look of a local moving company as opposed to one that is based far from you. Local moving companies have the local know-how as well as the ability to conduct an in-person moving survey in order to give you an accurate moving estimate.
- Research: Find out from friends and family which companies they have used before with good reviews. You should also go a step further to check the BBB database to find out if the company’s ranking has remained consistently good and whether they have a string of complaints.
- Get estimates: Get more than one estimate from at least three moving companies that you have shortlisted. Do not accept an estimate given over the phone, the company should send a representative over to your location.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We are a fully licensed moving services provider with lots of services to offer. Some of these services include local moving, long distance moving, interstate moving, coast to coast moving as well as international moving services. Furthermore, we offer full packing services, moving labor for hire, affordable moving estimates, cheap cost of moving, access to interstate movers, moving storage and auto transport.
Benefits of moving with us
Besides offering a wide range of moving services, we have been in operation for over twenty years giving you a credible track record you can trace back. Furthermore, we are fully licensed
and insured . We are also members of the American Moving and Storage Association as well as a recognized ProMover.
You can trust us with your move
Call us today for all your moving needs and queries by dialing 888-509-3213. Moreover, you can contact us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.