Madison Long Distance Moving Companies
People move for a variety of reasons, it could be work, love or health issues. Long distance moving requires experience, equipment and skills for it to run smoothly. Relocating to Madison? It is a city in Madison County, central Mississippi. It houses over 25,000 residents in the expansive prairies and dense forests. The city is relatively calm with activities like large scale farming, ranching and timber processing taking part in most areas. There are golf clubs, art museums and dozens of recreational activities to keep you entertained in Madison. Make the long distance move to Madison and choose A-1 Auto Transport for reliable moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a moving company
- Peace of mind: Moving can be strenuous. The large number of items and long distance can take a huge toll on your energy and state of mind. You need experienced personnel that can move all the items safely on time. Professional movers like A-1 Auto Transport plan for the move months in advance. They handle all the moving tasks as per the signed agreement and can accommodate additional requests from the customer. You are assured of safe and timely deliveries.
- Insurance: Long distance moving is risky. Accidents such as personal injuries and item-breakage can occur. They’re expensive and they might break your move. Professional moving companies provide base level insurance as a requirement by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. They cover all your items, their personnel and the building the items are being moved from.
- Skilled employees: Moving numerous items and working for long periods is bound to cause some accidents. You need movers who provide the highest safety standards to all your items. Movers are experienced, well-built and have the proper gear to keep your items safe when moving. They also know all the risky areas when moving hence expect zero accidents.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Factors to consider when hiring a moving company
When making long distance moves within the state of Mississippi it is recommended to hire local movers. They know the terrain and how to avoid hazards on the road. They also have the required licenses and operate in accordance with the Mississippi Department of Transport.
Ask for recommendations about moving companies in the state. Friends or relatives who’ve dealt with a moving company can offer solid recommendations. Ensure they survey your belongings so as to offer accurate information.
Get estimates from several moving companies and make a comparison. Several estimates enable you to the rates of each service. Check the company charges according to the weight and hours spent conducting your move. Reliable intrastate moving companies have a standard moving charge from the MDT. Avoid movers who are too much into money rather than handling the in-house estimate and actual moving.
Ensure the company you are dealing with is licensed and has valid insurance. State to state companies are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. The association inspects the movers’ services and equipment before handing a household items moving license. They also ensure the company covers the move using base level insurance.
How to have a successful move
- Move during the off-season which falls between the months of October and April. There are fewer people moving which results in reduced moving charges. There is also availability of steadfast moving companies.
- Source for moving supplies weeks beforehand. You can use the Freecycle forum for free packing material and moving tips.
- Inform friends and neighbours about your move. Reserve a convenient parking spot and elevator use for moving day.
- Create an inventory when packing. List all items you want moved and use a central room to do your packing. It saves the time used moving items in the house while ensuring you don’t forget any items.
- Pack essentials in a first night bag which you’ll use on arrival at your new premises.
- Change your address at the local post office at least two weeks before moving out. It ensures you receive mail promptly at your new address.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We are an advanced moving and vehicle relocation company with over 25 years of experience. We cover the entire country and its overseas territories. We have advanced moving equipment and skills to make your move smooth. At A-1 Auto Transport you are sure of affordable rates and quality services.
Our moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Residential relocations
- Pet transport
- Office moves
- Storage services
- Military moves
- Full-service moves
- Senior moves
- Local moves
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and let us make your dream move come true. Fill out the form at A-1 Auto Transport and get a customized move at discounted rates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.