Madison Long Distance Moving Companies
Once a major transportation hub due to its position along the Ohio River, Madison grew at an impressive rate. Many of the buildings were uniquely built in Greek Revival Style hence the name National Historic Landmark. Some of the prominent buildings in Madison include Lanier Mansion and Schofield House. Moving to another state or city is an exciting time for many families and with the right partner, your dream becomes a reality. Hiring an Indiana based professional moving company is a wise move. We will do our best to make sure your items arrive at your doorstep within the shortest time possible. Our services are top-notch and include vehicle transportation.
Top moving tips
- Pack your documents separately and carry them with you. Make copies for backup in case anything goes wrong.
- Pack smaller items inside larger empty items like the washer or drawers instead of boxes. This way, you’ll save money and space.
- Declutter your house before you pack. There are many items that are way past their usefulness and it's best to get rid of them. You can hold a garage sale or find a charity home to come and collect them.
- If there are any open liquid containers, use cling wrap to prevent any leaks. Make sure the containers are packed upright and stuff any spaces with old newspaper to prevent them from moving around while in transit.
- Pack a moving day kit with essential items that you’ll require the first two days at your new house. Items to include are snacks, prescriptions, a change of clothes, toiletries, chargers and anything else you can’t do without on a daily basis.
Why you need to hire a professional moving company
- Fewer injuries: Avoid making a trip to the hospital by hiring a professional moving company. Lifting heavy items with no experience is dangerous and may cause bodily harm. The movers are highly skilled and use special techniques to carry your items safely and fast.
- Use of the right equipment: To safely move heavy and large items, you need specialized equipment which in most cases is not affordable. When you hire professional movers, they come with ramps, dollies and hoisting straps which make it easy for them to lift and carry your items into the custom-built trucks. If there’s any furniture to be dismantled, they have the right tools for the job.
- Experience: The staff of a professional moving company is well trained on how to handle your belongings during a move. Since they have been doing this for many years, you can trust them to deliver your items in one piece. They know all the tricks that come with moving and the best routes to use.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a reliable moving company
- Good service: Reputable movers often hire highly qualified staff who provide excellent moving services. Check if the company has been endorsed by any industry affiliations such as the American Moving and Storage Association. Only companies that meet specific standards are certified.
- Storage units: Consider hiring a mover who has secure storage facilities where you can store your items in case need arises. There are different reasons why you might need a place to keep your items and having such a company by your side will be beneficial.
- Talk to friends and real estate agents: They will offer advice based on their experience with moving companies. A company with positive reviews means they offer good services and you can list down a few so that you can pick one that fits your preferences.
- Only hire a moving company licensed by the FMCSA: If it’s a long distance move, ask for their USDOT Number. If it’s a move within the state, they need a license from the Indiana Department of Revenue.
- Interstate and intrastate moving
- Military relocation
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transportation
- Packing supplies
- Residential moving
- Office relocation
- Packing and unpacking
- Pet transport
- Commercial moving
- Cheap Madison movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been in business for over two decades and are established as the go-to moving company across the country. Our services are of high quality and affordable. We train our workers extensively to handle your items professionally and deliver them within the stipulated timeframe. We are committed to our work and the positive reviews from our clients are proof that we deliver on our promises. You can trust A-1 Auto Transport for efficient, convenient and reliable moving services.
Book your moving date with us. Call us now on 888-509-3213. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page for free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.