Moving To or From Louisiana State University and A&M College (LSU)
The Louisiana State University and A&M College, LSU, is a flagship university of the State of Louisiana. Its outstanding performance made it enroll over 25,000 undergraduates in 2017 alone while more than 5,000 students graduated the same year. From academic excellence to magnificent buildings and sceneries, this could be the university of choice for you or your loved ones. Movement to and from LSU can be a big challenge. You could be reporting for the first time, graduating, breaking for the summer, or just emptying space in your closet. A-1 Auto Transport is here to offer you full moving and shipping services to or from LSU.
Tips on how to make your university moves easier
We have some tips that will make your move easy.
- Plan ahead: Prior research and planning are very crucial. For example, you need to know about the state of roads in Louisiana, the weather, among other aspects if you are moving in for the first time. Louisiana is extremely hot and humid especially during summer. If you are an international student or you are moving from another state to LSU for the first time, you need to take precautions so that adverse weather does not affect your movement. In most cases, the university will assign you a move-in date. If reporting dates to the University are flexible, plan to travel during the fall or winter. Other factors you need to know include the state and size of the dorm or the apartment you are moving to, what to bring and what to leave among others. If you are moving away from LSU, say after graduation, for an interuniversity transfer, or from your current dorm to another, you have to factor in the university calendar so that it does not conflict with your movement.
- Communication: If you have a roommate, it is advisable to communicate with them in advance. You need to discuss what both of you will be planning to carry along such as furniture so that you don’t end up bringing bulky items in limited space.
- Preparations: The earlier you start your preparations the better. Buy all the items you need if you are moving in, sort out what you have and decide on what to carry and what to leave behind, sell or donate. Once you have determined what you need to carry along, buy enough packing boxes.
- Packing: There is a common saying that you should park smart, not hard. Start by parking the most essential items that you need for the first semester. If you are unsure about carrying a certain item, then you better leave it. Ensure that you pack delicate items safely such as glass, thermos flasks, and electronics among others.
- Storage: You need to find a place where you can safely store your stuff if you are moving out of the dorm or apartment upon graduation or when you just need to keep some items away to create space in your dorm.
- Liaising with a transport company: Once you have parked all your belongings, it is time to seek moving services from the most reliable and affordable moving company. A-1 Auto Transport provides the most efficient and reliable moving services to and from LSU.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company for your university move
A-1 Auto Transport provides professional moving services. Here are the benefits of seeking our services.
- Safety guaranteed
- We are reliable
- We are affordable
- We are efficient
How to find the best university moving company
You can search for the best university moving company online by visiting their websites. When looking for movers, go for one that is insured by a reputable company and has experience offering moving services to the local area. A-1 Auto Transport has vast experience in offering moving services to and from LSU and throughout the US.
Our moving services
At A-1 Auto Transport, we have a wide range of moving services to offer. Some of them include:
- Packing your items
- Dorm arrangement
- Storage services
- Vehicle transport
- Moving advice: we offer all kinds of moving advice for state to state moving, long distance moving, interstate moving among others.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We believe that moving to or from Louisiana University should be full of fun and adventure. We, at A-1 Auto Transport, take care of moving your items and leave you with plenty of time to hang out with friends, study or do any other activity. Why choose us?
- We have over 20 years of offering moving services throughout the US
- We have reliable and highly professional teams to handle your belongings.
- We are top rated throughout the US and internationally.
- Our clients always express their satisfaction with our customer service.
Talk to us
Get our services now. Contact us on 888-509-3213 or visit our website on a1autotransport.com/services. Remember to fill out the form at the top of the page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.