Lombard Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving is a life-changing event and the best way to make it successful is by enlisting the services of professional movers. At A-1 Auto Transport, Illinois, we are always ready for a move no matter the season. Our experts are available 24/7 including the holidays to make sure your move progresses without a hitch. Our services are unique and tailored to suit an individual’s needs. Don’t be alone when moving to Lombard, let us help you relocate with ease. We also transport vehicles.
The best moving tips
- Purge your items: Get rid of items that are no longer in use. Fewer items mean a lighter load hence reduced cost of moving. You can either hold a garage sale or donate to charity foundations.
- Utilities: Make arrangements to have your utilities turned over to your new residence about three weeks before moving. Having internet and cable TV installed early is a good idea as opposed to waiting for weeks for the reconnection. Make sure your utilities are turned off at your old house on moving day.
- Essentials: Pack all the items you’ll need on your first night at the new house in a clear plastic bag that can easily be identified. You’ll probably be too exhausted to touch anything and there’s nothing worse than trying to find a toothbrush in a pile of boxes.
- Electronics: Take a photo of how the cords are connected to your electronic devices so that you can easily reconnect them when you get to your new house. If there are any screws and bolts, find a small plastic bag to put them in and carry the bag yourself.
- Cleaning: It’s a great idea to clean your household items as you pack them. Wipe off any dust from your furniture so that you just arrange it at your new house. Trying to clean while unpacking will be stressful since you have a lot to do and with boxes all over, movement will be limited.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should hire professional movers
- Financial control. A professional moving company will provide you with a free moving estimate based on the weight of your items and the distance to be covered. This helps you to plan your budget and avoid overspending. You can expect to pay a fixed charge without any hidden charges.
- Protection for your items. The crew of a professional moving company is expertly trained with techniques to ensure your items are properly packed, transported and unloaded. They use the right padding and wrapping materials to keep your belongings from shifting while in transit. Your items will be handled professionally and safely delivered to your doorstep without delay.
- A moving company will be held responsible for any damage that occurs during the moving process. A professional moving company provides adequate insurance coverage for your items and will compensate you in case of an accident.
Ways of finding a reputable moving company
Avoid a mover that gives you an upfront quote without looking at your household items. A reputable mover will send in their inspectors to assess your belongings and determine the distance of your move before giving you an estimate.
To be sure you’re dealing with a legitimate moving company, visit the FMCSA website to confirm their credentials. A reliable mover should be duly registered and licensed. If it’s a long distance move, they must have a valid USDOT Number that acts as a permit to cross the state borders.
To protect yourself from falling into the hands of fraudsters, consider hiring a certified member of the American Moving and Storage Association. The association subjects its members through annual background checks to ensure they don’t participate in any criminal activities and that they observe all the public safety regulations.
We handle these services
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Local and international moving
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Packing and unpacking
- Office relocation
- Military moving
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Cheap Lombard movers
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
Our focus is and has always been timely and accurate delivery of affordable moving services. Over the years, we are dedicated to providing our clients with all the moving support they need. In a competitive market, you can trust A-1 Auto Transport to handle your household items like the professionals we are. Our top priority is customer satisfaction and we don’t compromise on the quality of our services.
Get free quotes
To book your date, call our customer representatives now on 888-509-3213. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page to get your free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com