- Difference Between Local And Long Distance Moving
- How To Choose The Right Moving Company
- Create A Checklist And Prepare!
Difference between Local and Long Distance Moving
Whenever you are in the middle of planning a move, you’ll need to first start by researching different movers nearby. Using online resources, search for a mover that offers the right services for your relocation. For example, you will find that there are local and long distance movers. Local movers will provide moving solutions for anyone moving within a specific amount of miles. The moving company usually sets these standards but you can assume that local moving solutions will only assist you if you’re moving within the same state. Long distance movers will usually help a customer move anywhere within the US.
Regardless of the differences between local and long distance moving, both come with the same advantages and the moving company you hire should still maintain the same qualities.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to Choose the Right Moving Company
There are certain qualities that all professional moving companies should showcase. To guarantee that you hire the right moving company, look for the following qualities and traits.
- Insurance Coverage
- BBB approval and US DOT certification
- Proven experience and history in the moving industry
- Various moving and storage services and solutions
- A positive reputation as seen through written reviews and testimonials online
- The latest moving equipment, technology and materials to assure a safe move
- Friendly, helpful customer service representatives answering phones
- Affordable rates and FREE estimates
- Satellite tracking services
When you have found several local movers with the right qualities, write down the contact information found on their website. Contact each mover to ask questions and receive quotes. Try to schedule with the long distance or local mover of your choice months before the desired moving date.
Create a Checklist and Prepare!
Create a To-Do list to help you stay focused on the matters associated with your relocation. This checklist should include everything that needs to be cared for prior to relocating. For instance, job and utility transfers might be something to add to your checklist. Finding a babysitter for kids and pets on the day of the move is another common checklist entry. The overall purpose of a checklist is to help you stay structured during the process. Most professional movers will create a list of inventory when they do a walkthrough before loading all items onto the truck. You should create an inventory list as well.