What is the Local Residential Movers
When you’re planning to move from one home to the next within the same region, you’ll realize that even with a short distance move there is a lot to care for and do. All of the planning will leave you feeling tired and stressed out almost for certain, taking away any excitement you may have had regarding the relocation. Fortunately, the end result is getting through the process and enjoying your new home and neighborhood. You can make the entire process of moving easier by purchasing affordable services from a local mover with an outstanding reputation.
Local residential movers with a great reputation should also have local, state and federal licensing and certifications as required. They should also possess a US DOT number and proof of insurance coverage. These qualities are important to any professional mover and they should showcase this proof without hesitation.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Heed to this Advice for a Less Stressful Local Relocation
For a stress-free move, there are ways that you can help out. When you prepare for the relocation, you’re making it easier on everyone involved. Start getting ready for the move immediately after you schedule a date with a local residential mover.
- Create a moving checklist to stay on top of everything during this busy time
- Try to book with a local mover a couple months in advance at least
- Start medical, job, school or utility transfers a few weeks before you relocate
- Find someone to watch any children or pets on moving day
- If you didn’t purchase full service moving, begin packing one room at a time at least a month or so ahead of the moving date.
- Label all boxes clearly and use the proper packing materials
- Gather information from the driver of the moving company. For example, a cell phone number and their expected time of arrival
- Always make sure the moving company you hire has a positive reputation which can be assumed through reviews and ratings online
- Write out an inventory list. The movers often do this too, but it is always wise to have your own for comparison
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.