Local Moving Companies
There are many different services and packages offered by local moving companies. You’re even offered insurance as added protection in case of an accident. Make sure the entire value of your property is covered with the insurance package chosen.
By law, moving companies are required to carry the minimal amount of insurance coverage as governed by the state. If you wish for more coverage, ask if you can purchase additional protection through the mover.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Advice for Local Moves
- Start the process of moving early. Preparation is the key to a smooth, stress-free move. If you didn’t opt for full packing services through the moving company, you should start packing a few months in advance. Buy all the proper packing materials and label each box after it’s packed with items.
- To lessen the amount of belongings you own, hold a garage sale to make some extra cash or donate items you have no use for any longer. This will lessen the amount you pay for moving services.
- Make sure all boxes remain in the rooms they were packed in. Have the boxes stacked against the walls of the room. Leave heavier boxes on the floor and stack the lighter boxes on top of them. This is how the movers will stack them in the truck.
- Move all valuable possessions or important documents on your own. If they must go with the moving company, make sure they’re adequately covered by insurance during the move.
- Write out a detailed inventory list. The moving company often creates their own list as they load the goods onto the truck, but it’s good to have your own for comparison purposes.
To stay on top of things during the relocation, write out a checklist. This will help you stay organized. Include anything you must have done due to the move. For example, you might include transferring utility companies, contacting schools, changing your address, etc. Anything you need to remember to get done should be included on the list so that you can cross them off as they are fulfilled.
Related Information & FAQ
- Best local movers
- Best nationwide movers
- Coast to coast moving
- Home relocation services
- Household moving companies long distance
- Local residential movers
- Local vs. long distance moving
- Nationwide moving services
- Cheap local moving companies
- Hire local movers
- Moving companies in my area
- Local Moving Company Price
- Hire Cheap City Movers
- Best City Movers
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.