Livonia Long Distance Moving Companies
The idea of a new beginning can both be scary and exhilarating. But with an experienced mover by your side, you are guaranteed to have a memorable move. A move to Livonia will be less stressful if you let the experts at A-1 Auto Transport take over. Based in Michigan, our teams are trained to manage moves professionally helping you settle with ease. We also relocate vehicles.
The best moving tips
- Create a list of the important stuff such as the moving date, pricing, your mover’s contact information, and location. Also, write down what you want to accomplish before moving day. The list will help you stay focused.
- Downsize your household items by getting rid of what you don’t need or use. Many items in our homes are not necessary and moving offers a great opportunity to either donate or sell them at a garage sale.
- To prevent leakages from bottles containing liquids, unscrew the cap and place a cling wrap on the opening before screwing the lid back on. Keep the bottles in plastic bags just in case they break to prevent the spillage from getting to the other boxes.
- Pack documents, jewelry and family heirloomsin a separate bag that you'll keep an eye on through the entire move. Put necklaces in egg cartons to prevent them from knotting and seal the sides to keep them intact before packing them.
- Make arrangements with your service providers to have your utilities switched over to your new place. Services such as internet, cable TV, and gas are essential in our day to day lives and what a joy it is to move into a house that’s fully functional.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Accountability: You need to have a backup plan in the unfortunate event that your expensive couch gets damaged in an accident. The best solution is to hire a professional moving company. They have skills and techniques to pack delicate items and transport them safely to your new home. They do their best to protect your stuff and you're confident that you'll be compensated for any loss.
- More organized: Professional movers are relocating homes on a daily basis. They have been doing this for years and you can imagine the experience they have gained. They know how to organize a move to make sure nothing goes wrong. With their expertise, you can trust them to make prompt deliveries and help you settle fast.
- Safety: You can easily get hurt during a move. Carrying heavy items, especially down a flight of stairs is a risky endeavor that is best left to the professionals. Coupled with special training and the right equipment, the movers make moving seem easy. They will do the heavy lifting saving you a trip to the hospital.
Tips to find a reputable moving company
A moving company’s credentials will differ depending on whether it’s an interstate move or an in-state move. To traverse state borders, a mover needs to have a USDOT Number clearly displayed on their trucks. Local movers need a license from the Michigan Public Service Commission.
Search for movers online and shortlist a few that you feel can offer quality services. Check with Yelp.com to find movers in your locality. The site also provides reviews and ratings of moving companies from customers who have moved in the past. Consider a mover with many positive reviews and high ratings from the majority of clients.
The rule of thumb is to get the estimates of at least 3 movers. Make sure the estimates are in writing and include everything you own. Don’t accept estimates over the phone. A reputable mover will send a team on the ground for an in-house survey to provide you with an accurate estimate.
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- Packing supplies
- Commercial moving
- Furniture relocation
- Pet transport
- Vehicle transport
Why hire us?
We do a background check on our employees and only hire the most competent. We take the safety and security of your belongings seriously; that’s why we use modern technology to track your stuff throughout the journey. Our goal is to satisfy you fully and help you settle at your new place fast. You can rely on A-1 Auto Transport for affordable and efficient services.
Get all the information you need by calling our experts on 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.