Lindenhurst Long Distance Moving Companies
In Suffolk County, New York, is the village of Lindenhurst. Lindenhurst is a coastal city located along the famous Long Island which has the cool beaches with scenic views and warm weather. Thousands of residents and tourists gather for entertainment and relaxation. The city of Lindenhurst also has parks on the central part of the city that offer ample recreational activities. If you have a move planned, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We also conduct vehicle relocations.
Why hire a moving company?
- Affordability. Hiring a moving company will save you money in the long run. Movers can accurately estimate how much your entire move will cost since they have handled moves similar to yours and can account for costs such as fuel, permits, custom duties and any eventualities. This ensures your move does not incur extra costs. Moving companies also have the skills to handle moves professionally. They use trained personnel and advanced moving equipment which ensures there are no damages and delays resulting in additional expenses.
- Packing. Moving takes time and requires patience and skill especially with packing. Using your friends to help with packing might be a good idea until an item breaks; they are not liable for any damage and you have to take care of the loss. Conversely, with a moving company taking care of your move, they are liable for any damage to your items. They also make the process organized through labeling your boxes and using color or size codes.
- Valuable items. Some items in your house may be of great financial value to you. You might have acquired a rare art piece, fine china or heirloom. Moving companies have the experience, training and equipment to handle your valuables in the safest manner. They also have supplemental insurance in case accidents occur.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Locate the best mover in Lindenhurst in 5 steps
- Choose movers with adequate moving experience. Experienced movers have dealt with hundreds of different goods and they know the best moving techniques. They have also encountered almost all kinds of challenges and nothing would be too complex for them.
- Consider moving companies that are members of professional associations like the American Movers and Storage Association. They have been trained on how to provide quality services. They also conduct their services in line with the association’s code of ethics.
- Verify that you are dealing with a licensed moving company. Check the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association for a comprehensive list of the company’s authorizations and additional information. You can verify; the validity of their household goods moving license, insurance, safety rating and pending violations.
- Deal with a moving company that has affordable rates and a fixed delivery window. Ask several movers for a moving quote and compare their rates.
- This helps you establish the average rate of each service so as to negotiate a convenient price. A reliable mover should have fair rates and all moving services included.
Signs of fraudulent movers
- They ask for more than a 20% deposit.
- Have no permanent physical address.
- They have not been assessed by the Better Business Bureau.
The best practices when moving to Lindenhurst
- Early planning is the first step to make your move stress-free. It ensures you perform all the activities efficiently and in case you have a change of heart, there is adequate time to change plans.
- Move with a company that has the relevant experience with your type of move.
- Ensure to schedule your move when the company is less busy. This falls between the months of October to April.
- All transactions you make with a moving company should be done on paper. It is important to make everything official and protect yourself in the event of disagreements.
- When packing, do not pack the boxes to more than 50-60 pounds.
Why trust A-1 Auto Transport?
We have numerous 5-star ratings from most of the customers we handle. We are also accredited by several top organizations in the moving industry including the Better Business Bureau. This is assurance of the quality of our services.
Our services include
- Coast to coast moves
- State to state moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Pet transport
- Military moves
- Small moves
- Senior moves
- Packing and unpacking
Make the switch
We would like to hear from you. Reach us on 1-888-509-3213, or find us at A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page for discounts you do not want to miss.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.