Leominster Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving house is a thrilling adventure every family member looks forward to. Hiring a local moving company will make it even more enjoyable. Based in Massachusetts, A-1 Auto Transport has been moving people across the U.S. for over 20 years. We are the favorite when it comes to moving in or out of Leominster. Talk to us today and let's get moving. We also relocate vehicles.
Top tips to make moving easy
- Create a schedule: The secret to having a successful move is to have a plan. Create a list of things-to-do and stick to the schedule. Include everything even if it seems insignificant; you'll be glad you did. Be sure to complete each task before moving to the next.
- Downsize: Don’t move with an item if you won’t use it. Go through every room and sort your items by categorizing them into what you intend to keep, sell or donate. Items like furniture can be sold in a garage sale and the proceeds used to purchase new furniture at your new place.
- Packing: Start packing only when you have the necessary packing materials. You don’t want to stop halfway to purchase more supplies. Get strong brand new boxes, sealing tape, markers, and labels so that you can pack like a pro.
- Inspect your new house: It's wise to visit your new house and confirm if its moving-in ready. Take care of any repairs if needed and check that water and electricity are up and running. Have the house cleaned to get rid of dust and bugs.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Storage options. Having a moving company that not only transports your belongings but also offers storage services is of great benefit. If you need a place to temporarily store your items, you won't have to look elsewhere. The storage facilities are under 24-hour surveillance to ensure your items are secure. The payment terms are flexible depending on how long you plan on storing them.
- The government’s mandatory insurance covers only up to $0.60 per pound per item. This may not be sufficient especially if you have expensive items. Hence, it’s advisable to purchase additional insurance cover for extra protection.
- The main reason to hire a professional moving company is that you need time to focus on other issues. Unless you take time off work, it may be difficult to effectively plan and execute the moving process. The movers will take over and manage the move giving you time to accomplish other tasks such as transferring your utilities.
- Injuries are reduced. You may be strong and fit, but moving heavy and bulky household items takes more than strength. It needs skills and techniques that only the movers possess. This is what they do on a daily basis and they know how to maneuver furniture of any size to avoid damaging the walls or causing any physical harm.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to find a reputable moving company
To avoid being ripped off, get the estimates of multiple movers to compare the prices. Consider movers who send a team to assess your household items to provide accurate estimates. Beware of a company that offers a bid that’s too low because it signifies either inexperience or they intend to hold your items at ransom and demand for more pay.
Only hire a licensed mover. If you're moving to another state, verify the USDOT Number by looking up the company in the FMCSA database. If it’s a local move, make sure the mover has a valid license from the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities.
Do your research and look for a mover with a good reputation. The Better Business Bureau gives credibility to moving companies that uphold professional business practices. A BBB Accredited mover can be trusted to provide outstanding services and respond to claims quickly.
- Door to door moving
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transport
- Office relocation
- Residential moving
- Interstate and intrastate moving
- Military relocation
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We offer unrivaled moving services to clients across the country. With moving scams on the rise, A-1 Auto Transport has proven to be transparent, reliable and trustworthy. The positive reviews are proof of our professionalism and commitment. We take every move, no matter big or small, and turn it into a success story. Don’t be alone when planning a move, let us be there to guide and help you.
Set an appointment by calling us now on 888-509-3213. Get free instant quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org