Lansing Long Distance Moving Companies
Lansing, the capital of Michigan has over 120,000 residents. It is referred to as the heart of Michigan, being located in the central part of the state. The city enjoys huge revenue and activity from government departments and large corporations headquartered there. It has the best amenities in terms of education, health and recreational facilities. The city’s refugee program has earned praise across various parts of the world. Move to a different region and change your routine. Eliminate the boredom and spruce up your life. Visit the zoos, science centers and museums and view some of the rarest wild animals, collections and architecture. A-1 Auto Transport has been a reliable moving and auto transport company for over 25 years. Professional movers have the experience and equipment required for long distance moves.
Why you should hire a moving company
- Bulky items: Moving L-couches, refrigerators and king size beds is cumbersome. These items pose a huge risk due to their weight and high-value. You need experience and equipment to safely move such items. A simple mistake could result in injuring yourself or your friends.
- Accountability: Moving companies are liable for all your items when moving. They inspect all packed items and load them strategically in the moving vehicle. They use professionally trained personnel and advanced equipment to ensure maximum safety in the entire moving process. All your items are documented in a professional inventory and they arrive in the condition they left. Insurance is used to ensure the customer does not suffer loss in case of accidents.
- Packing: This is the most cumbersome task when moving. It also accounts for the largest percentage of moving expenses. Professional moving companies have full-service moves that include packing. They wrap delicate items in bubble wrap and anti-static peanut. The items are packed in corrugated boxes which can hold heavier weight than normal boxes. All boxes are labeled to ease the unpacking process.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
What to consider when hiring a moving company
Use the American Movers and Storage Association to find reliable moving companies. They list thousands of moving companies operating within the country and internationally. All members are strictly assessed before registration. Members have the Promover sign that distinguishes them from other movers.
Check the company’s consumer complaints at the Better Business Bureau. They assess and rate moving companies according to the number of complaints and how they were resolved. Choose accredited movers since they answer to the organization. Avoid companies that have numerous complaints and don’t respond to them.
- The type and validity of a company’s household items moving license
- The safety rating of the company according to the crashes recorded per year
- The physical addresses of a mover
- The consumer complaints history
- The company’s pending violations
- The drivers and moving vehicles a company owns
The best tips when moving to Lansing
- Scope the new premises and familiarize yourself with the neighbours and amenities. This helps you settle easier and faster.
- Scale down your move before the walk-through is conducted. If the items are included in the estimate, they increase the moving cost. You can donate them to Goodwill or sell them via a yard sale.
- Source for moving supplies in advance. Rent moving equipment from U-Haul and get free packing material from com. You can also purchase A-1 Auto Transport’s full-service move which includes packing and house arranging.
- Create an inventory as you pack your items. This ensures you do not forget or misplace some items. Label all the boxes along the sides according to the items they contain and the room they belong to.
- Pack similar items in similar boxes. You can use colour, size or markings to differentiate the boxes. Use bright colours and huge markings on boxes which contain fragile items.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Our remarkable services have earned nationwide and international awards. We are rated 5* by several customer review websites due to our incredible services. A-1 Auto Transport assures you of a smooth moving experience at affordable rates.
Our services include
- Full-service moves
- Apartment relocations
- Office moves
- Vehicle relocations
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Interstate moves
- Storage services
- International moves
- Long distance government moves
Contact us today
There are huge discounts for our first time customers after filling out the form at the top of our page. Talk to us on 1-888-509-3213 and get a free quotation plus free professional moving advice.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.