What is the Landscaping Options For Your New Home
Even after everything has been taken off the moving truck, this certainly doesn't mean that your move is finished. Unpacking is indeed the next logical step, but what about finishing the new home? A yard presents an excellent opportunity to really extend more of a personal touch and create your own space. Plus, you have a lot of different options. Here are some to consider.
Determining The Best Use Of Your Yard
When you have bought a home with a yard, part of the attraction is that it can be tailored to your needs and desires. You may want to think about:
- Deck or Patio: Either option could be perfect for you. If you enjoy having barbecues or just spending time outside, take some of your space and have a deck built. It may even include an awning or screen to keep out any of the insect life.
- Pool: Another popular option, this will certainly help you to beat the summer heat. Of course, it is not a cheap option, with an in-ground pool being the most expensive (and longest lasting). Y0u may also want to go with an above ground option or a hot tub that can both be incorporated as part of your deck.
- Garden: This is a favorite for nature lovers and it allows you to grow whatever you want, allowing for a bit of self-sufficiency if you decide to plant some vegetables. Flowers are another beautiful option as well.
Make A Plan
Having a plan of attack will make sure your landscaping project turns out the way you want it. With the possibilities being almost endless, try some of the following ideas as a starting point:
- Creating A Blueprint: Yes, actually draw out a sketch of your yard. It is even better if you take some graph paper and make it scale, of course, the main idea here is simply to visualize what you want. Actually, take it with you and walk through the yard to get a better feel of what you want, where things should be.
- Included Accessories: Think about whether you want to have any accessories like a rock wall or a fountain or even a little fish pond. If so, be sure to contact professionals for actual information and quotes. Do your own research before actually hiring anyone. Trees and shrubs can also be used for landscaping.
Consider The Season
The time of the year may also influence what will work best in your yard. Certain types of grasses, plants, and flowers grow better at certain points in the year. So, if you are really looking to have specific types of plants or flowers, then be sure to do your landscaping work at that part of the year. It may be possible to leave certain areas until the proper time for landscaping or planting, but this will make things more complicated.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.