- Lakewood Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why You Need A Moving Company
- What To Consider Before Hiring A Moving Company
- Tips To Make Your Move Manageable
- Why Choose A-1 Auto Transport?
- Out Of State Movers Near Me
- Our Moving Services
- Get In Touch
Lakewood Long Distance Moving Companies
Relocating to a new place gives you the opportunity to rebrand yourself. Lakewood is a city in Cuyahoga County. It is the third largest city in the state of Ohio. It lies along the shores of Lake Erie, the fourth largest lake among the Great Lakes. Lakewood’s motto is ‘a great place to call home’ and it surely maintains that due to its harmonious environment. The natural wildlife, restaurants, different cultures give it a feel of home away from home. If you wish for a smooth move, engage A-1 Auto Transport, the most experienced moving and vehicle relocation company in Lakewood.
Why you need a moving company
- Accountability. Moving companies take responsibility for all your household goods during a move. They take an inventory of all goods you want moved, pack and load them in modified vehicles which ensure safety. In case damage occurs, the company is liable and they compensate you accordingly. Under a self-move, your friends are not liable for any accident and you have to cover for any losses.
- The right equipment. Moving companies are properly stocked to handle your move. The have quality packing material such as corrugated boxes, bubble wrap and anti-static peanut. When loading, they use trolleys or dollies and ramps. This ensures your household goods are loaded safely and swiftly. Moving companies also use advanced vehicles to move your household goods.
- Insurance. It is a requirement by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association for moving companies to cover every move they handle. Movers have the base level insurance which covers your items at 60 cents a pound. They also have the supplemental insurance which covers your goods according to their value. This ensures the customer is at liberty to choose the most convenient insurance for their move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
What to consider before hiring a moving company
- Check the scope of operations of a moving company. This is confirmed from their carrier numbers. An intrastate moving company has a carrier number from the Ohio Public Utilities Commission while an interstate mover has a DOT number from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. You can also use the sites to verify the company’s license, registration and insurance.
- Ask for a moving quote from different moving companies and make a comparison. Check the type of services they offer and their rates. The quote should have basic services, affordable rates and a fixed delivery window. Professional movers like A-1 Auto Transport have extra services like packing to unpacking and house arrangement in their catalogue.
- Check how the company ranks at the Better Business Bureau. A company that has been assessed and accredited by the organization is trustworthy. They have been trained on efficient customer service and operate under the organization’s guidance. In case of disputes, accredited members answer to the organization.
After you settle for the mover of your choice, take the following precautions when signing the moving contract.
- Do not sign blank or incomplete documents.
- Do not sign the contract without the presence of a witness or consulting a professional.
- All agreements between you and the company should be documented in writing.
Tips to make your move manageable
- Visit the city you are moving to and get acquainted at least a month in advance. It helps you settle faster after moving in. You can also get useful information for the movers such as the estate rules and house measurements.
- If you plan on making your long distance move affordable, get reused boxes from local stores. Also, use trash bags and laundry bins to pack clothes.
- Enlist friends to help with your move. Ensure they only handle non-breakables due to their zero liability. It is also important to note that the moving company’s liability is limited to 60 cents a pound under the base level insurance.
- Place all the packed household goods in strategic locations to ease the work of the company personnel on moving day.
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
Our confidence in the quality of our services is evident from the free no-obligation quote we offer our customers. At A-1 Auto Transport, you are guaranteed quality services at affordable rates.
Out of State Movers Near Me
Our moving services
- Small moves
- Military moves
- College moves
- Corporate relocations
- Pet transport
- Vacation moves
- Piano moves
- Furniture moves
- Pool table moves
- Local moves
- Affordable long distance moves
Get in touch
Make the switch today. Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and reserve your moving spot. Fill out the form at the top of our page and speak directly to a moving expert.