Lakewood Motorcycle Shipping
Transporting a motorcycle to Lakewood, Colorado can be done in various different methods. Some methods offer more layers of protection than others but how a motorcycle gets delivered all depends on what is most convenient for the customer. All the options available offer a safe means of transportation that come at a low cost.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Enclosed Transportation- This popular method of transportation is known to be the safest means of transportation. This ensures that the motorcycle is protected against the elements and driving conditions
- Open Air Transportation- This method is also a popular way to transport a motorcycle. The difference between this method and enclosed transportation is that the bike is slightly exposed to the elements and often times, involves the bike being secured to a flatbed truck.
- Door to Door Transportation- This convenient method of transportation is where the motorcycle is picked up at a specific location and delivered directly to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal Transportation- This method of transportation is cost efficient but is not the most convenient. If the customer does not live near the depot where the bike has been delivered, some traveling will be required.
- Crated Transportation- This method is a safe and effective way to transport a motorcycle from one location to the next. However, some preparation is required for this option. Crated transportation involves the bike being secured to a pallet and loading it onto a truck in a wooden crate. Before transporting a motorcycle using this method the owner must drain the motorcycle of fluids, disconnect the battery and for some, the mirrors and handlebars need to be removed.
Requirements Before Transporting a Motorcycle.
- Clean the motorcycle of any dirt and deposits.
- Remove any lose accessories and objects.
- Turn off the security alarm system.
- Check fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas tank should be no more than ¼ tank full before transportation.
- Document all damages to the vehicle prior to shipment.
Lakewood, CO Motorcycle Transport Companies.
Lakewood Auto Transport
7111 W. Alameda Ave.
Lakewood, CO 80226.
Auto Transport of Lakewood
212 355 S. Teller St.
Dependable Auto Transport
220 363 S. Harlan St.
Plaza Auto Transport
3227 S. Wadsworth Blvd.
Lakewood, CO 80227.