Transporting a motorcycle to Lakewood, Colorado can be done in various different methods. Some methods offer more layers of protection than others but how a motorcycle gets delivered all depends on what is most convenient for the customer. All the options available offer a safe means of transportation that come at a low cost.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Enclosed Transportation- This popular method of transportation is known to be the safest means of transportation. This ensures that the motorcycle is protected against the elements and driving conditions
- Open Air Transportation- This method is also a popular way to transport a motorcycle. The difference between this method and enclosed transportation is that the bike is slightly exposed to the elements and often times, involves the bike being secured to a flatbed truck.
- Door to Door Transportation- This convenient method of transportation is where the motorcycle is picked up at a specific location and delivered directly to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal Transportation- This method of transportation is cost efficient but is not the most convenient. If the customer does not live near the depot where the bike has been delivered, some traveling will be required.
- Crated Transportation- This method is a safe and effective way to transport a motorcycle from one location to the next. However, some preparation is required for this option. Crated transportation involves the bike being secured to a pallet and loading it onto a truck in a wooden crate. Before transporting a motorcycle using this method the owner must drain the motorcycle of fluids, disconnect the battery and for some, the mirrors and handlebars need to be removed.
Requirements Before Transporting a Motorcycle.
- Clean the motorcycle of any dirt and deposits.
- Remove any lose accessories and objects.
- Turn off the security alarm system.
- Check fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas tank should be no more than ¼ tank full before transportation.
- Document all damages to the vehicle prior to shipment.
Lakewood, CO Motorcycle Transport Companies.
7111 W. Alameda Ave.
Lakewood, CO 80226.
212 355 S. Teller St.
220 363 S. Harlan St.
3227 S. Wadsworth Blvd.
Lakewood, CO 80227.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory