Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Lafayette, Louisiana
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Lafayette Long Distance Moving Companies
Mixed emotions of anxiety and curiosity run high as you look forward to starting your life over in a new environment. Finding an experienced moving company will help you transition smoothly. When preparing for a move to Lafayette, consider hiring A-1 Auto Transport. We are based in Louisiana and have the best moving services in town. Our services include door to door moving, interstate moves and vehicle transport among others.
The best moving tips
- Find a way to dispose of any flammable or corrosive materials safely. Your moving company cannot move these materials. Alternatively, you can give them to your neighbors or friends.
- Cancel any local services such as cleaners, gardeners, and newspapers. This will give you time to settle any outstanding bills before moving out.
- Find sturdy boxes to pack your household items. Start with those items that are not frequently used such as seasonal clothes. The cleaning supplies should be packed last since you might need to use them before moving out.
- Change your address and remember to notify your relatives, business associates and bank of your impending move. This will ensure you keep receiving your monthly magazine subscriptions and credit card statements.
- Be present on moving day to give instructions on where you want specific items like furniture placed. It will make work easier and help the movers know what to do.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should consider hiring a professional moving company
- Safety: From years of experience, professional movers know the right way to pack and load your belongings to protect them from any damages. They use high-quality padding and wrapping materials to ensure your items are delivered to your new home safely.
- Saves time: It’s difficult to plan your move while you’re still working. You will be forced to take time off work for your move to succeed. However, when you hire a professional moving company, your daily work routine won’t be interfered with. They will manage the moving process and take care of everything so that you focus on your work.
- Convenience: Yes, you may have friends to help pack and load your household items. But who will help you unload and unpack in your new neighborhood? This is the convenience you get when you hire a professional moving company. They offer their services as a package. From packing to loading to unloading and unpacking, all will be handled without your involvement.
- Storage services: With professional movers, you don’t have to worry where to store your items. So, in case your move was abrupt, and you didn’t have time to find a spacious house, the movers will store your items until you’re ready to pick them up. The facilities are secure, and the safety of your items is guaranteed.
Tips to find a reputable moving company
- Moving rates: It’s easy to pick a cheap mover but when the prices seem abnormally low, beware. Get the estimates of at least three movers to get an idea of the market price. Additionally, check the policy of the moving company and only hire them if you agree with what they have to offer.
- Insurance: Ask the mover the type of insurance options they offer. A reliable mover will advise you on the best policy to pick. Before signing any papers, make sure you read and understand everything. If you need any clarifications, don’t hesitate to ask. These are your worldly possessions, and you don’t want to lose them.
- Research the moving company: you intend to hire to learn more about them. Make sure the company is duly licensed by the FMCSA. Interstate movers are issued a USDOT Number which should be displayed on their trucks and websites. Local movers need to have a license from the Louisiana Public Service Commission.
- Take time to review several movers: to determine who offers the best services. Their performance ratings and comments from past customers will greatly help you make an informed decision. Don’t hire movers who have too many negative reviews.
- Furniture relocation
- Office relocation
- Military relocation
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Corporate moving
- Cheap Lafayette movers
Why hire us?
We have a rich experience in handling a move with you, our esteemed client, in mind. Our work is professional, and you can trust us with your belongings. For over 25 years, we have been helping thousands of people move domestically and internationally. You can rely on A-1 Auto Transport for fast, secure and efficient moving services.
Contact our customer department on 888-509-3213 for exclusive details about our services. For free moving quotes, please fill out the form at the top of this page.