Open living spaces, extensive recreational facilities, and small-town affordability make Lafayette an ideal place to raise a family. It doesn’t come as a surprise that it is one of the most preferred suburbs around the Boulder area in Colorado. Whether you need a private ride for daily use or a means to move your farm produce, A-1 Auto Transport has all the solutions that you need. We have the safest and most reliable service for shipping cars to or from Lafayette.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Lafayette to Cheyenne||$88||88 miles||1 - 2 days|
|Lafayette to Colorado Springs||$90||90 miles||1 - 2 days|
|Lafayette to Salt Lake City||$380||507 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Chicago to Lafayette||$604||1007 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Houston to Lafayette||$630||1051 miles||4 - 6 days|
|San Jose to Lafayette||$761||1269 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Miami to Lafayette||$1039||2079 miles||6 - 8 days|
|New York to Lafayette||$1072||1788 miles||5 - 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas covered in Lafayette
We are present in all the 50 states of the U.S. We can send your vehicle to any part of the city and back. We also have reliable international solutions.
Transport services offered in Lafayette
Open-air shipping offers ideal moving solutions for dealerships, manufacturers, and everyone else looking to get a quick transport solution at the most economical rates. Our multi-car trailers have enough room to put between 8-10 vehicles on the same trip.
We give every vehicle the utmost care during the shipping process. The measures might fall short when you have a highly expensive automobile, which is why we recommend the enclosed transport option. It offers covered protection from inclement weather and road debris.
Door-to-door shipping helps to make sure that your vehicle reaches the destination in the same shape as it left.
You might need a temporary storage point when shipping cars to or from Lafayette. We will find you the nearest drop-off or pick-up terminal in Colorado so that you can have more flexibility with your time and schedule.
You might find it hard to decide on the best transport solution when sending your vehicle overseas. A-1 Auto Transport offers reliable shipping options that you can choose from depending on your needs:
- The roll-on/roll-off (RoRo) standard typically means that we will use a specialized vessel that can transport multiple vehicles in different compartments, all on the same trip. RoRo describes the loading and unloading process, where we drive the cars on and off the ship.
- We can also ship vehicles via containers, which help to secure them from potential hazards during transit. You can settle for a 20ft exclusive use container, which allows you to include more personal effects in the cargo. We also have 40ft shared containers which help to bring down the cost to ship.
Types of cars that we ship
A-1 Auto Transport offers safe and affordable moving solutions for all types of automobiles ranging from standard cars, trucks, vans, farm machinery, earthmovers, cranes, project equipment, boats, yachts, golf carts, snowmobiles, and freight goods. Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our agents or check out our website to find the right transport service for your vehicle.
How to prepare a car for shipping
You transport needs to know in advance if you have plans to move a nonrunning vehicle. You can have a smooth transition and cheaper costs why you try to keep it in drivable shape:
- Look out for mechanical problems or aggressive fluid leaks and send the vehicle for repair. Check the fluid levels, battery charge, and tire
- Clean the vehicle before running a pre-shipping It will make it easy for you to spot the pre-existing cosmetic damage.
- Take photographs of all sides of the vehicle including close up shots of the damage. Make sure that you date all the records.
- Remove the household goods, valuables, personal effects left inside the vehicle. Any damage caused by such items will not get insurance compensation.
- Run down the gas to about 1/4 of the tank. Too much fuel may increase the vehicle’s weight, which complicates the shipping process. An overweight truck experiences a lot of hold-ups and possible penalties from the DOT.
- Spoilers, fog lights, luggage racks, ground effects, DVD players, ham radio, GPS, and other custom accessories should not travel as part of the vehicle since they won’t fall under the insurance cover.
- Cover all the loose parts on the exterior that could suffer damage during the shipping process. Retract the antenna and fold-in the side-view mirrors.
- Disable the alarm system and deactivate the toll tags to prevent unwarranted charges along the highway.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we have a lot of experience in shipping cars to or from Lafayette. We appreciate how much you value your vehicle, from how much it costs to the sentimental value. Our team members take the utmost care regardless of the transport service that you choose.
Get free shipping quotes!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.