Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
La Grange has carved itself a niche as a major transportation center. We are talking of two major highways – La Grange Road and Ogden Avenue, a railways system (BNSF Railway), a passenger airline service at both Midway and O’Hare airports and a commuter bus service by the Regional Transport Authority. But how can you use all these transportation networks to your advantage when you want to ship your motorbike to another destination? Simple; get A-1 Auto Transport to do all the work for you. You can sit back and relax as we move your motorbike through La Grange to other destinations.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
A-1 Auto Transport primarily uses 5 major shipping methods depending on the size of your motorbike and distance to be covered:
- Open-air Transport
Your motorbike will be shipped in a truck that’s about 75 to 80 feet in length. There is no roof on the truck meaning your motorbike will be exposed to all road elements throughout the shipment.
- Enclosed Transport
Think of an enclosed trailer with a roof and four covered sides. Your motorbike will be tucked in a safe environment for shipping.
- The door to door transport
Wouldn’t it be convenient to have the shippers pick your motorbike from where you packed it? Well, we offer this service. We can also pick the motorbike from the place you bought it and have it delivered to your doorstep. We offer this service at a small additional cost.
- Terminal to terminal transport
This is a cheaper way to transport high volume motorcycles. We will pick the motorcycles from La Grange’s regional storage facility and have them transported to the next destination depot.
- Crated Transport
We use crates to transport motorbikes being moved over long distances like an overseas move. We will pack your motorbike in a wooden crate and secure it with a bunch of mattresses. The goal is to prevent damage to your motorcycle in case of unexpected collisions when shipping.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Here are a few motorcycle preparation tips you could work with:
- Clean off all the dirt from your motorbike. Check the tires and wheels for soil deposits.
- Inspect your motorbike for damages and note them down if any.
- Check the batteries, tires and tire pressure.
- Ensure that the motorbike is in running condition.
- Remove all your accessories, personal items, loose items and alarms from the motorbike.
- At the drop off location, take a picture of the motorbike before we come to pick it up.
- Look into the insurance cover offered by your shipping company.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
We recommend considering the following when looking for a shipping company:
- Customer service
Ensure that you are working with professionals by calling the shipping company beforehand. Take note of how long they take to answer your call and when they do, ensure that you are speaking to a human on the other end of the line. Take note of how they answer your queries.
Get the estimates for the pickup, in-transit and drop off times. Be keen on companies that offer cheap rates as they may take longer to deliver your goods.
- Feedback and testimonials
Browse the internet for positive or negative testimonials from customers who have previously worked with the same shipping company. Chances are that you will go through the same experience when you ship your motorbike with them.
Ensure that the shipping company is licensed with the Department of Transportation (DOT). You can find this information on the company’s website. Skip on the shipping companies that cannot provide a DOT license number.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
First off, safety and timely delivery is the living mantra of our company. We are also an environmentally conscious company and play our part in the reduction of harmful emissions to the environment. With us, you never have to chase down your shipment only to find that it is lost. Neither will you be out of the loop when it comes to the shipping process. We will keep you posted on every step of the shipment. We are a shipping company that you can trust. Our customer reviews are a great proof of our stellar services.
Our La Grange motorcycle shipping services
The residents of La Grange can benefit from the following shipping services:
- Door to door moving
- State to state and long distance moving
- Packing and unpacking of your motorbike
- Insurance coverage
- International motorcycle shipping
We are looking forward to working with you. Contact us and get to learn of some of our company policies that make us the best motorcycle shipping company for the residents of La Grange.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory