Kirksville Long Distance Moving Companies
Check out the city of Kirksville and the county seat of Adair County, Missouri. It’s known for a conducive climate, dense oak forests and calm residents. Kirksville being among the oldest cities in the state has numerous buildings registered with the National Register of Historic Places. The city also has a diverse population with residents from all continents. You can enjoy music, cuisines and languages from the Congolese, Mongolians and dozens of other unique cultures. Choose A-1 Auto Transport for your smooth move to Kirksville and vehicle relocation services.
Why a professional moving company?
- Experience: Moving companies are pros in the industry. They handle moves daily and have experienced all the challenges in the book. Movers know how to safely pack and load items in the truck. They can move through heavy traffic and extreme weather with ease. They also have all the required moving permits and insurance. Knowing what may happen in advance results in a smooth process.
- Insurance: Professional movers are liable for all your items when moving. They cover the items and personnel under the basic bodily-injury and property-damage insurance. This ensures any accident or loss is repaid by the insurance company. Movers also have a variety of insurance options for different items and distances.
- Inventory: Moving companies list all the items they handle. They inspect the items and create an inventory of all items packed and loaded. This ensures there are no items forgotten or misplaced when moving. The inventory ensures all items are accounted for and unpacking becomes easier.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to hire a reputable mover in Kirksville
Hire a moving company depending on the distance you are moving. When moving within the state of Missouri it is advisable to use local moving companies. The Missouri Movers Association has hundreds of moving companies that are specialized in multiple types of moves. All members operate under a code of ethics that ensures quality services and fair rates.
Check the opinion of previous customers on customer review sites. Moving companies that have excellent services have glowing reviews on platforms such as Yelp or Craigslist. On the other hand movers that have poor services have bad reviews and low ratings. Most of them also don’t care to respond to customer complaints.
Authenticate the company’s license of operation. Use the Missouri Department of Transport for local moving companies and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association for state to state moving companies. They ensure movers operating within their vicinity have quality equipment and skills to handle moves.
Ask for moving quotations from several companies and make a comparison. Ascertain how companies charge for each service and the differences between binding and non-binding estimates. The estimate should also indicate who’s liable for any damages or delays.
When signing the contract, do so in the presence of a professional or witness. This ensures that you do not get duped into signing incomplete documents that are later manipulated to include additional expenses.
The best tips for a smooth move in Kirksville
- Plan ahead. Contact your mover at least two months in advance. Summer season is usually very busy and reliable movers aren’t available.
- Determine your budget before assigning a moving company. Know how much the entire move will cost and look for ways to make it cheaper.
- You can get free packing material from the U-Haul customer exchange forum or org. They have quality boxes and labels that can withstand heavy weights and long distances.
- Ask for help from friends or relatives. They can handle stuff that is not delicate such as furniture and clothes since they aren’t liable for any accidents.
- Sweep the house one last time to make sure nothing has been left behind. Make a copy of the movers’ inventory and use it on delivery day when unloading items.
- Avail yourself on delivery day to monitor the unloading and unpacking process. Inspect the condition of all your items before signing any documents.
A-1 Auto Transport
We thrive on consistent and quality services. The seriousness we put into customer satisfaction can be proved by the reviews on our customer testimonials page and review websites.
A-1 Auto Transport services
- Full-service moves
- Apartment relocations
- Military moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Pet transport
- Office moves
- Vacation moves
- Storage services
Try us now
Hire us today for smooth moving services. Call us on 1-888-509-3213 or find us at A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page and speak directly to our sales team.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.