Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Kinnelon, New Jersey
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Kinnelon Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether you’re moving to a nearby town or across the country, you want a company that can guarantee the safety and security of your belongings. Backed by over 25 years of moving experience, we have grown to become the most reliable mover in New Jersey and beyond. We are here to make your move to Kinnelon as smooth as possible. We offer an array of specialized services including vehicle transport.
The best tips to ease your move
- Arrange for utilities to be switched over to your new home. Talk to your service providers at least 4 weeks before moving so that you can agree on the date to disconnect utilities at your current house.
- Use butcher papers to wrap your mugs, dishes, and vases. Pack the plates vertically and fill empty spaces using wrapping paper or soft clothes. This will prevent breakages since the items won’t shift when being moved.
- Label all the boxes correctly so that the movers know how to handle them. Include a brief description of the contents on both sides and the top of each box to make it easy to identify them from any direction.
- Defrost your freezer or refrigerator at least 24 hours prior to moving. Clean it thoroughly and then wipe dry any liquids. Leave the doors open until moving day. This will keep the bad smell away and prevent the growth of molds.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- Storage options: If your move is abrupt or you are downsizing, then you’re going to need a safe place to store your household items. Professional movers provide secure storage facilities where your items will remain until you are ready to settle. The facilities are climate controlled which means your items remain in good condition.
- The right equipment: Professional movers use dollies, hoisting straps and ramps to safely move heavy and bulky stuff. They are trained to move even delicate items such as sculptures and artwork without breaking them. The movers will handle your belongings with care while loading and unloading them, saving you the hassle of hiring the equipment and the risk of damaging your property.
- Movers are insured: The government requires moving companies to provide the basic insurance cover of 60 cents per pound per item. However, this might not be sufficient and you can opt to purchase additional insurance to cover expensive stuff. You can verify if your mover is insured with the Licensing and Insurance Public.
- Time: Moving on your own will force you to spend countless hours preparing, packing and transporting your items. Allowing professionals to do the hard work for you gives you ample time to focus on the other aspects of moving such as transferring your utilities and updating your address.
What to look for in a mover
Check the type of equipment they use and the quality of materials used for packing. Reliable movers are organized and pay attention to small details. Their staff is friendly whether it is through the phone or a one-on-one chat. Additionally, check the type of services they offer and the rates. You want a mover that is flexible and can accommodate your budget.
A reliable mover should be thorough. They should send the sales team to inspect your house and assess things like stairs, elevators, and parking space. This ensures they are well prepared for the move. They should also provide estimates in writing.
The moving regulations vary from one state to another. And whether you are moving out-of-state or within the state, you might want to check with the relevant federal or state agencies. Hiring a licensed moving company gives you confidence that your items will be handled properly and in case of any discrepancies, you have a right to file a complaint.
We specialize in these services
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- Corporate moving
- Furniture relocation
- Storage units
- Packing materials
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
We like to know more about our clients so that we can recommend the most beneficial services. We do more than just packing and transporting your items. We guide you so you can achieve your goals faster and satisfactorily. Our mission is to help you manage the moving process without stress. We take pride in our employees who are focused on ensuring clients’ needs are met. Regardless of the size of your move, A-1 Auto Transport is the go-to moving company.
Fill out the free moving estimates form at the top of this page or you can reach us on 888-509-3213.