- Kewanee Long Distance Moving Companies
- Tips For A Stress-Free Move
- Why You Need To Hire A Professional Moving Company
- Tips For Finding A Trustworthy Moving Company
- Our Services
- Why Hire A-1 Auto Transport?
- Call Us
Kewanee Long Distance Moving Companies
While most people are excited when it comes to moving, they need to have a well-executed plan for the move to run smoothly. With the help of A-1 Auto Transport, your belongings will be handled professionally throughout the moving process. We are based in Illinois, offering exceptional services to people moving in or out of Kewanee. We also help with vehicle relocations.
Tips for a stress-free move
- Set a budget limit to help you avoid unnecessary spending. Moving involves many costs and to reduce that stress; plan your finances accordingly. When looking for movers, look for one that falls within your price range.
- Only move with the items that you need. Do not pack items you haven’t used in more than six months. This not only wastes space but also increases the cost of moving.
- Pack from one room to another starting with the ones that are less frequently used. This helps you pack similar items and avoid confusion when unpacking.
- Label all your boxes with detailed information of the contents. Use a color coding system where a color represents a specific room. Mark the boxes with the corresponding colors to make it easy for your movers when unloading.
- Remember to pack a few bags with essential items that you’ll require for the first two days at your new home. Imagine the stress of foraging through the boxes looking for a toothbrush. Place the bags where they can be easily accessible.
- Make arrangements to have your utilities disconnected at your old house a day before moving out. Notify your utility company of the planned move and have them reconnect the utilities at your new house.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need to hire a professional moving company
- Insurance: It's mandatory for moving companies to provide adequate insurance cover for your household items. The law requires the movers to provide basic coverage of $0.60 per pound per item. This will cushion you from incurring losses in case of an accident.
- Safety: Professional movers are skilled in handling heavy, bulky and fragile items to ensure they are delivered to your doorstep without a scratch. They have the physical strength and knowledge to maneuver your sofa through narrow corridors and safely load them into the trucks.
- Less stress: The process of moving is physically and emotionally draining. But, when you hire a professional mover, you can sit back and relax as they handle everything from carefully packing your stuff to loading and unloading them.
- Experience: Professional movers have been relocating thousands of people for many years, and they have experienced it all. They thoroughly research your locality to understand the best and safest routes to use. They know the tricks of moving and have the resources to expedite your moving process.
Tips for finding a trustworthy moving company
Moving can be unpredictable and factors such as adverse weather conditions may cause delays. Reliable movers have secure storage facilities to provide temporary shelter for your household items until your move resumes.
Check the track record of the moving company you intend to hire with the Better Business Bureau. Consumers leave comments based on their experience with moving companies. A company that’s trustworthy will have numerous positive reviews and a good rating.
Find out if your mover is a member of the Illinois Movers’ and Warehousemen’s Association. The association only certifies moving companies that abide by specific rules and uphold the delivery of quality services.
To avoid being scammed, only hire a moving company that has been duly licensed by the FMCSA. If you’re moving out of state, check if the company has a valid USDOT Number. The agency is also a good source of finding the history of moving companies. Check out the complaints section to see if your mover has been listed.
- Pet transportation
- Military relocation
- Coast to Coast moves
- Door to door relocation
- Interstate transport
- Office relocation
- Packing and unpacking
- Storage services
- Vehicle transport
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been moving people for close to 30 years locally and overseas. Our team is highly qualified to handle any move, and we have moving solutions tailored specifically just for you. If you want the best moving experience, consider enlisting the services of A-1 Auto Transport. We offer free moving advise, and our prices are affordable.
Contact us today on 888-509-3213 and have your questions answered by our customer representatives. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page for free moving quotes.