Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Kettering , Ohio
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Kettering Long Distance Moving Companies
If you are planning for a move and the thought of packing or carrying heavy boxes does not excite you, you may want to consider hiring professional movers. Many people presume that hiring movers is expensive, while in reality it is a necessary investment. Movers will greatly reduce the time spent to move because they provide you with a moving crew and also equipment that make the move go faster. If you are looking to move to, from or within Kettering, let A-1 Auto Transport take away the stress from your move. Kettering is located in Montgomery County and it has many recreational facilities including 20 parks. We also offer vehicle transport services.
Once you know you are going to move, it is important to come up with a moving checklist which will help you have a less stressful move:
Eight weeks in advance
- Reach out to your friends and family to get referrals for local movers who are capable of managing your move.
- Get a moving binder that will contain all the moving information – estimates and documents from different companies, moving inventory, emergency contacts at the new locations etc.
- Contact each of the referrals and request them for an in-house survey and a written moving estimate.
- Do a thorough background search on your shortlisted movers. Your search should entail finding out information on their registration status with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Check their ratings on different platforms and confirm that they are members of the American Moving and Storage Association.
Six weeks in advance
- Using the information you have gathered about the different movers, choose which company you will work with and book the moving date. Ensure you receive all documents in writing and as a rule of thumb, never sign blank or incomplete documents.
- Purchase or acquire moving supplies such as packing boxes, tape, marker pens etc.
- Start sorting and identifying which items you will move with and which ones will be donated, trashed or sold. Use this opportunity to prepare your moving inventory and to downsize. Make sure that you keep your valuables and other personal items together because it is advisable that you transport them yourself.
Three weeks in advance
- Cut back on your food purchase so that you will not have to waste or give away lot of food. Also, make efforts to clear up what you already have because food items are not allowed in long distance moves.
- Contact all your current utility providers and cancel or transfer the utilities. Also, ensure that you contact utility providers in the new location to set up the services for you for those that you are not transferring.
- Make changes to your administrative details such as acquiring a new driving license or getting a new postal address.
- Check with your mover to confirm that your moving date is still reserved and to inform them of any possible changes with your booking.
- Ensure you get a refill for any medication that you might need within the first few weeks of your travel.
One week in advance
- If packing any items, make sure that you finish all necessary packing.
- Prepare an essentials box that will carry any items you will need up until the end of the delivery window.
- Declare any high value items that will be under your mover; it is very important to do so in writing.
- Be there to guide and supervise the moving team.
- Countercheck the mover’s inventory and sign off each page after the pickup.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
We are Kettering’s preferred provider because we provide a variety of specializations:
- Seniors moves
- Military moves
- College moves
- Pet moves
- Moving of bulky items
- Apartment moves
- Office moves
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving edge
By working with us in Kettering, you get to enjoy many benefits including:
- We give you access to our real-time GPS tracking system that lets you know the whereabouts of your shipment at any time.
- We have more than two decades of moving experience.
- We are a one-stop shop providing solutions for all of your moving needs.
- We have delivered millions of successful moves.
Save with us
Fill in the form at the top of this page so that you can enjoy our great array of services. You can also drop us an email at email@example.com and our agents in Kettering will get in touch with you. If you would like to speak to our agents, give us a call on 888-509-3213. Get value for your moving investment.