Ketchikan Long Distance Movers
Relocating can be tricky; the distance, the weather, and other factors can make moving to a city like Ketchikan in Alaska rather daunting. The first step of planning for the move is looking for a moving company operating in or around Ketchikan. If the move is long distance, then you should consider shipping your car in advance. We are more than ready to ship your car for you.
Read on to learn more about our moving services.
Tips on how to make the move easier
- Pack an overnight bag the day before the move. You might need to carry an overnight bag with warm clothes and personal effects, just in case you run into any delays during the move.
- Sort all your items. While you are packing for the move, it would be wise to sort all your items. Saving on space goes a long way in making the move easier and reducing the cost of the move. Any old or damaged pieces of furniture should be donated to charity or even thrown away.
- Get help. Long distance moves require a lot of time and manpower. You may not be able to do it all on your own. For a fast and efficient move, hire a moving company.
- Get to know as much as you can about your new town. Get to know the weather patterns, the transport routes, and any other details that can make the move easier.
Why you should hire a moving company
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a moving company:
- You will have more time. Moving companies provide labor. They have enough skilled and experienced manpower to make that long-distance move to or from Ketchikan easy. They will do all the work for you.
- Movers are faster. Since the mover has experienced personnel, chances are that they have moved people to/from the same area and they know the transport routes better.
- Moving companies are safer. Moving companies are required to provide security for all the items they transport. Therefore, you can be sure that all your office equipment or household items will get to their destination safely.
- Your delicate furniture will be in safe hands. If you opted to move on your own, then you might find it hard to carry delicate pieces of furniture like family heirlooms, piano tables or pool tables. Movers come with the necessary equipment to carry such pieces..
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Qualities of a good moving company
Here are some of the things you should look for in a moving company:
- Valid license information. You should hire a moving company that is licensed by the FMCSA. Make sure they have a valid USDOT number.
- Full value protection. Movers are required by law to protect their clients from any cases of theft or damage. Most of the time, this comes in the form of a full-value protection policy. You should only go for a mover that provides this type of policy.
- Experience. A good moving company is one which has been in the moving business for a decent amount of time. They are better at handling any challenges that may occur; they are less likely to make mistakes.
- Affordable pricing. Go for a mover that offers pocket-friendly prices without any additional or hidden charges.
- Positive reviews from previous clients. Check out what previous clients are saying about the company. There are so many online platforms like Yelp and the BBB where clients recount their moving experience with the company.
What We Offer
- Local and long distance moving
- Vehicle moving
- Interstate moving
- Cross-country moving
- Heavy and delicate furniture moving
- Commercial, apartment, and residential relocations
- Military relocation
- Student moves
- Door to door moving
- Same day movers
- Full service packing and unpacking (we provide all our packing materials)
- Cheap Ketchikan movers
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- We guarantee safe and timely delivery of all your household items or office equipment.
- All our trucks and carriers come fitted with modern tracking devices that keep you in the loop throughout the move.
- We provide one of the best-rated transport services in and around Ketchikan.
Get In Touch With Us
Get in touch with us today and enjoy the best moving services money can buy. Make the most out of your move; hire A-1 Auto Transport. You can initiate the conversation with us by filling the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org