Moving is admittedly a challenging process for most folks. In fact, a census states that most people view moving as one of life’s most stressful events right after divorce. While this may be true, we are able to manage the stress associated with moving far much better than the emotional stress of divorce. As a student, you are facing one of you first big moves as an adult living in America as you move to or from Kent State University at Tuscarawas in Ohio. Not only is this going to be your first major move as an adult, it is one among the 12 that you are bound to make in your entire lifetime. Our company has been in the business of moving folks all over Ohio and the entire U.S with great reviews for the past twenty years and more. We pride ourselves in our proven track record which is backed by great customer reviews and professional accreditations. Therefore, as you get ready for your impending move, we are here to hold your hand through the entire process.
How to achieve a smooth student move
You can move as a student with very little stress if you follow these moving tips we have used over the years.
- Purge: Go through your items and get rid of any clutter or items that you no longer need. These could be clothes, shoes, electronic gadgets, books and anything else that you have not used in about 6 months.
- Create several piles: From your purged items created three different piles; one to sell, another to donate and another one to trash. Once you categorize your clutter this way, do not be tempted to take back any of the items you have set aside.
- Get rid of the clutter: Organize a garage sale or post your items for sale on different online selling sites. Furthermore, you can call any non-profit organizations near you to collect the items to donate; they will be happy to oblige you. As for the trash, bin it immediately!
Why you should hire a professional moving company
Moving is a process which requires you to get all the help you can. Here are some valid reasons why.
- Professional inventory services: A professional mover is able to take professional inventory of your items with great ease. Not only will this save you some time, it will also ensure that your items are accounted for during the move.
- Safety of your items: Professional moving companies are fully insured, and also provide insurance cover to your items during the move. This means that in case of any damage or loss of your items, you will be indemnified by the mover.
- Free your time: Moving is a tedious and involving process which can tie you up for days on end. When you outsource your move to a professional mover, you will be able to focus on other facets of the move that the mover cannot do like changing of address, booking flights and so on.
How to hire the best moving company
Finding a moving company that is suited to your specific moving needs can prove to be a daunting task. Here are some steps to help you as you find a moving company.
- Visit the local movers: Take some time off your busy schedule to visit a few local movers. This exercise will help you to ascertain that their address is authentic, and also to experience their customer service.
- Verify their credentials: Every professional mover should be fully insured and licensed. To check out the credentials of the local mover you are considering, you can search on the U.S. Department of Transportation’s website.
- Question their experience: Find out how long the company has been in operation as well as what kind of moves they have handled. Furthermore, if they have had student moving experience, then you stand a better chance with them.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A1 Auto Transport Inc, we have a wide range of moving services such as provision of moving boxes and supplies, furniture disassembly and reassembly, auto transport, clean and secure moving storage, full service moves and so on. Furthermore, we offer local and international relocation services.
Benefits of moving with us
We are fully licensed and insured with great customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau. Furthermore, we are accredited by the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs or by filling out the form at the top of this page.