Moving as described by most people is a daunting task. Nonetheless, this does not stop Americans from moving often. It is estimated that the average American adult will move at least 12 times in their entire lifetime! This means that they will move at least once every 6 years! Furthermore, the people who move the most in American are renters more than homeowners for obvious reasons. That notwithstanding, your student move is one of the most seasonal moves in the country with droves of students moving into campus while others move out. Therefore, your move to or from Kent State University at Trumbull need not cause you any worry since there will be thousands of students just like you moving for the first time. Our company has been in the business of moving students and folks in Ohio with great reviews each year for the past twenty years. You can therefore trust that our company knows its stuff when it comes to matters moving.
How to hack your student move
Moving as a student may seem daunting in the beginning as it could be your first move alone as an adult. However, these moving tips should help you hack your move like a pro.
- Will you live in the dorms or off-campus?: This is an important aspect of your move to consider as it will determine what items you need to pack. Most universities have dorm accommodation facilities but the demand is usually higher than the supply.
- What will you pack?: Depending on where you plan to live, the essentials that you pack may vary. For example, you may not need to carry a fridge or dishwasher to a dorm room while an unfurnished apartment will need such items.
- Moving help: Everybody will need some help when they are moving, no matter the size of their move. Your student move is considered small, but you should plan to ask your friends and family for all the help they can give. Furthermore, there are tons of student moving companies out there that you should consider talking to.
Benefits of moving using professional moving help
Professional movers offer expert advice and help when it comes to moving. Here are some more reasons why you should consider hiring them.
- Cost-savings: You will be surprised to learn that professional moving companies may actually save you some money. This is because they are able to capture all costs in one place since they will provide all the services that you need.
- Packing tips: Packing is one of the most tedious moving tasks. This, however, can be made easier by the packing tips that you can freely get from your moving company.
- Moving labor for hire: While asking for help from friends and relatives is the most natural thing to do, professional moving companies offer a better alternative. Moving crews are trained on the best practices to employ when packing and hauling your items. Furthermore, moving labor will be available when you need them.
How to hire a professional moving company
Here are some tips to help you as you look to hire the best professional moving company for your needs.
- Do some initial screening: Armed with a list of local moving companies which you can find in phone book listings as well as online, do some background research. Check credible customer review platforms like the BBB. Furthermore, check for affiliations with professional bodies like AMSA which point to stringent control in their service offering.
- Whittle down your list: After the initial screening, whittle your list down to three companies with the best reviews and recommendations. Keeping your list lean and mean will help you make a good choice after doing the next step.
- Call for estimates: Professional moving companies must prepare a moving estimate for you. This helps to provide you with a cost of moving that should be accurate and allow you to budget for your move. Needless to say, pick the company that offers the best rates against their services.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
Our company offers relocation services such as international, nationwide, state to state and local relocation services. Additionally, we offer clean and secure moving storage, access to affordable moving companies, professional packing services, full service moves, auto transport, pool table transport among other services.
Benefits of using our moving services
Not only do we have a wide repertoire of moving services, our company has a great track record for over two decades. Additionally, we are fully licensed and insured as a fully-fledged moving services provider. Our services are accredited by the BBB, AMSA and the ProMover.
Call us today
You may reach us by filling out the form at the top of this page, or by calling us on 888-509-3213.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org