While moving is certainly a tedious and difficult process, you can also make it very safe. But in order to do so, you will need to take certain steps and make several precautions. It is important to eliminate as many possible hazards within your home as possible before moving day, to keep everyone safe (both movers and your own family).
You always want to be prepared in case someone is injured. Having a good first aid kit is the first step in this process. Make sure that it addresses the needs of anyone who might sustain a (minor) injury during your move. Some of the things to include in your first aid kit might be :
- Gauze pads
- Alcohol wipes
- Antibacterial cream
- Medical tape
- Hydrocortisone cream
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Proper Moving Equipment & Technique
You may already be aware that most moving injuries are the result of people lifting too much weight or doing so incorrectly. Instead, always focus on lifting with the legs and knees instead of the back. Also, if something is too heavy for you, go and get some help!
Don’t pack your boxes too heavily. Try to ensure that none of your boxes weigh more than 50 pounds. Test it out by trying to pick it up and see if you can do it without too much strain. This is especially true if your boxes will be moved up or down flights of stairs.
Equipment can be incredibly helpful as well. Try to get your hands on dollies and hand trucks, to help move heavier boxes and even pieces of furniture. There are also moving straps that can be used as well, for helping to move furniture and other specialized pieces of equipment.
General Rules For Moving Day Safety:
No matter what happens, you can’t prepare for everything. In light of that, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Stay Organized: Keeping everything organized once moving day starts is the real key to the safety of everyone involved. Separate light and heavy boxes and you can even assign jobs to each person to ensure everyone stays in their own areas.
- Proper clothes and attire: Avoid wearing loose and baggy clothes since they might end up getting caught on things. Sturdy shoes are also important, especially if you are going to be doing a lot of lifting and moving of items. Most importantly, remain comfortable.
- Don’t do too much: If you can’t lift something, ask for help. Never, ever push yourself too hard and try to handle more than you realistically can.
Follow these tips and you should have an easy, smooth and safe move.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory