Moving is a process regarded by most people as challenging. People move for various reasons such as a change of a job, to live in a different neighborhood, for an easier commute and also after buying a new house. Students on the other hand move more seasonally and for the same reasons countrywide. They move after high school graduation to join a university or out of university after attaining their undergraduate degree. Whatever the reason you are moving to or from Keene State College, you can look forward to a seamless move with our help. A-1 Auto Transport Inc has been in the moving business for over 20 years now, with considerable success. Our clients are drawn from all over the country including New Hampshire.
How to achieve a seamless student move
Moving as a student can present its own set of challenges, none of which are new to us. We have compiled some tips to help you achieve a seamless move to or from college.
- Start early: As soon as you receive your letter of acceptance to the college, start scouting for places to live in. Most universities will offer dorm facilities for freshmen but you may need to move out in your second year. Start looking early to avoid any disappointments.
- Get organized with your packing: Dorm rooms are not as spacious as a room at home would be. Pack only what you will need, and avoid any extras that will just take up precious space. Furthermore, a small student apartment also comes with less living space, so it’s best if you carried as little as possible.
- Consider professional moving help: Moving as a student can sap you of your last energy. Hiring a professional moving company will help you to ensure that you stay sane and energized for your move to college.
Benefits of using a professional moving company
Hiring a professional moving company far outweighs any benefits that doing a DIY move has. Here are the top three benefits that we have come up with.
- Familiarity with the area: Professional movers are more familiar with the area you are moving to than you might be. This is because they are likely to have navigated the same location hundreds of times before.
- Peace of mind: Moving is a huge project which can cause you to have sleepless nights in the run up to moving day. Let the professionals deal with the actual moving as you focus on other items that you should be taking care of.
- Time and energy saving: A professional mover is able to handle your move in a fraction of the time that you would. Furthermore, professional movers have enough moving labor to ensure that all the tasks in your move are handled in a timely fashion by delegating duties.
Tips to finding a professional moving company
Finding a good moving company can be an uphill task especially for a first-timer. If you follow these tips, you will be sure to land a reputable and professional moving company for your student move.
- Recommendations: There is no better place to begin searching for a professional mover than by getting recommendations from friends and family. You may also ask the local realtors and any local businesses that have moved recently to give you their recommendations.
- Research: Armed with names of a few moving companies you got from the step above, its time you did your own research. The internet will give you reviews from past customers which you should take into consideration. Naturally, you should avoid companies with bad reviews and settle on the ones with glowing reviews.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
We are a fully fledged moving services provider with a wide variety of moving services to choose from. Some of these services include local moving, long distance moving, nationwide and international moving services. Furthermore, we offer you access to affordable moving companies, free moving advice, professional moving estimates, full service moves, furniture disassembly and reassembly, packing and unpacking services, auto transport and moving storage.
Benefits of choosing to move with us
When you pick us to move you to or from college, you are signing up a moving company that has considerable experience; over twenty years in the moving industry. Furthermore, we are fully licensed and insured by the relevant authorities. Moreover, we have accreditations from the ProMover and the BBB. Additionally, we have membership with the American Moving and Storage Association.
Choose us to move you
Call us today via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Moreover, you can contact us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.