Keene Long Distance Moving Companies
The first thing that comes to mind when planning a move is whether to hire a mover or to do it yourself. While it might seem simple at first, you can easily get overwhelmed with all the logistics and responsibilities that come with moving. That’s why you need the services of a professional moving company. We offer top-notch services and promise to make your move to Keene memorable. We also transport vehicles.
The best tips to help you relocate with ease
- Make early preparations. Get plenty of packing boxes of different sizes from bookstores or liquor stores in your area. You need to have the necessary materials ready to avoid rushing back to the shops for more supplies. You also need bubble wrap, sealing tape, and markers.
- Visit the local post office to fill out a change of address form. This will ensure that you keep receiving mail from your banks and important business contacts.
- Request a list of items your mover won’t move to avoid repacking the boxes. The law prohibits movers from transporting hazardous materials such as acid, fireworks, guns, paint, and aerosol sprays among others.
- Label the boxes correctly to avoid confusion when unloading and unpacking them. Movers need to know where each box should be placed in your new house. Write the contents of the boxes on the sides and the top to make it easy to identify from any direction.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Reasons to hire a professional moving company
- Experience: The longer a company has been in operation, the higher the quality of service delivery. Experienced movers know the tricks and best moving practices to complete a move without a problem. They will take care of the process since this is what they do on a daily basis. You can rest assured your items will be in safe hands.
- Protection: Every moving company is required to provide a basic insurance cover of $0.60 per pound per item. This covers your items in case they get damaged during transit. You can opt to purchase additional insurance for extra protection. To verify the insurance details of your mover, check with the Licensing and Insurance Public.
- Storage facilities: Professional movers offer storage services. Let’s say you want to downsize and you need a place to store items that you won’t be using. The movers offer flexible storage options for you to choose from. The facilities are safe and secure; your items are kept under favorable conditions.
- Time management: Moving on your own comes with a lot of challenges. There are so many matters you have to take care of and this might take you a long time to accomplish. You can avoid all that stress by hiring a professional moving company. They are trained and have the skills to manage a move and help you settle within a short time. You don’t even have to take time off work; the movers will do the hard for you as you carry on with your daily routine.
How to choose a good moving company
Check the registration details of the moving company you are considering. The license should be up-to-date and if it is a long distance move, the company should have a valid USDOT Number. Local movers need a license from their respective states.
Give preference to members of the American Moving and Storage Association. These are companies that have been screened for criminal records and have agreed to abide by AMSA’s Code of Professional Ethics. You can trust certified members to provide services of high standards.
Only hire a moving company that has physical offices. Rogue movers operate shadow offices making it difficult to track them if they disappear with your items. Visit their offices to get firsthand information on how they operate. Check out their equipment and trucks to establish if they can handle a move professionally.
We offer these services
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Vehicle transport
- Military relocation
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Furniture relocation
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have the most competent team in the industry and you can be certain they will handle your belongings professionally. Our team is friendly and will give you all the assistance you need during the move. At A-1 Auto Transport, we know how much a move means to you and we strive to make it successful so that you can start your new life peacefully.
Talk to us
Book your date today by calling us on 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com