Kearny Long Distance Moving Companies
For over 25 years, A-1 Auto Transport, New Jersey, has been offering reliable services to millions of people across the country. We know what it takes for a move to be successful and will do everything we can to make your transition easy. You don’t have to spend sleepless nights planning a move to Kearny; hire us today and we’ll handle the rest. We also transport vehicles.
Top moving tips
- If you dismantle furniture, put the screws, nuts, and bolts in Ziploc bags to avoid losing them. Attach the bags to the pieces of furniture they belong to and label them so you can find them with ease.
- Pack as soon as you have set your moving date. Start with those rooms that are used less often like the garage and guest bedrooms. Additionally, pack seasonal clothes and equipment as you move your way to the other rooms.
- Organize your move early. You probably have between 4-8 weeks and with good planning, you can accomplish everything before moving day. Create a list of tasks you need to do to act as a guide so that you can stay focused.
- List down businesses, organizations, and people that need to be notified of your planned relocation. This will make sure you don’t leave anyone out when sending out your new address. Changing an address is easy with the step by step guide in the USPS portal.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need to hire a professional moving company
- Free time for other things. A move is more complicated than it seems. You have so much to do such as transferring your utilities and license. If you have kids, you need to look for better schools. This will take you longer to achieve if you go the DIY way. Hiring movers takes part of the burden and gives you ample time to address these issues.
- Saves you money. The cost of moving normally forces most people to postpone moving house. The good news is that now you can afford to move comfortably thanks to professional moving services. A-1 Auto Transport will send experts to your house to inspect your belongings to provide an accurate estimate. The calculations are based on the size and distance of your move. This gives you an idea of how much it will cost so you can plan your finances.
- Your belongings are insured. If you decide to pack and transport your stuff, you only have yourself to blame if anything gets damaged. However, with professional movers, if they break it, they compensate you. They are insured which means you move is covered.
- Professional movers use dollies, straps, piano skids and ramps. These make moving heavy stuff easy. No matter the floor you live on or how heavy your furniture is, let the movers do the heavy lifting. They are trained for this and you can rest assured they will deliver your items in one piece.
Finding a reputable moving company
There are many rogue movers out there who post fake reviews to depict a positive picture yet their services are poor. To avoid such scams, only hire a mover recognized by the American Moving and Storage Association. AMSA has strict rules that companies must abide by to be certified.
Don’t sign blank or incomplete documents. Documents should be filled before and after the move, not during. Completed documents limit the liabilities of moving companies and protect both you and the moving company. Any mover who insists on carrying out a move without signed documents should be avoided.
If your mover doesn’t have a USDOT Number displayed on their trucks, vans or website, that’s a red flag. Dealing with registered moving companies protects you and your belongings. For instance, if the company disappears with your items, you can easily track them since their information is available on the FMCSA database.
Services we specialize in
- Door to door moving
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transport
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- Storage services
- Full service (packing and unpacking)
- International moves
Why you need our services
We are careful when handling your possessions. From the packing stages to unpacking at your new home, our staff will ensure safe delivery. We take pride in giving our customers unrivaled moving services. Our main focus is customer satisfaction and affordability. Therefore, you can trust A-1 Auto Transport to give you a great moving experience.
Get free quotes
We are here to help. Just call us on 888-509-3213 and let us discuss the details. Fill out the form at the top of this page and we’ll instantly send you a free quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.