Best Kansas Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Moving out of Kansas can be frustrating, stressful, and full of headaches. Even the most relaxed among us dreads the day when they have to systematically categorize and organize everything they own into neat little boxes lined in bubble wrap. After that part is done, there is renting a moving van or borrowing someone’s truck and convincing your friends and family to help you carry all of the bulky and heavy furniture. Who hasn’t had one of those moments when you have to figure out what awkward position you will have to turn your couch to fit it through a too narrow doorway? It doesn’t matter if you are moving across town or across the country, it isn’t fun to do all this work yourself. If you choose to hire a professional moving company to help, you can eliminate a ton of the difficult work.
Choosing Your Kansas Long Distance Movers
It is important to ask questions and do your research when you decide to work with a moving company. You want to make sure you are working with professionals and not some fly by night operation that is going to disappear with your stuff.
- How long has the company been in business: Working with a moving company requires a lot of trust. You will want to make sure the one you choose is trustworthy and has an established history.
- In the event of damage, how much their insurance cover: The law only requires moving companies to insure $0.60 per pound. Some companies will offer more coverage than this. You should ask questions to make sure your belongings will be covered if something happens.
- Reviews and testimonials: You will want to make sure that any company you do business with has a history of excellence. Look to sites like Yelp or Google reviews to help you determine how dependable the company is and how they will handle any issues.
- Department of Transportation registration: All movers who operate between different states must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure if you are moving out of state that the company you choose is in compliance of these laws.
- Extra services: Most moving companies will offer various additional services to make your move easier. Check and see which ones are available and how much extra they will cost to take advantage of.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Kansas cheap movers
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Kansas Long Distance Movers?
The total cost of hiring a professional moving service will be affected by a number of different things. It will cost less to move a studio apartment across town than it will be to move a 3 bedroom house across the country obviously, but did you know things like the time of year you choose to move, the current cost of fuel, and the weight of your load can all affect the price? For an accurate quote, it is best to call the company and ask them to give you a free estimate.
Don’t Sign a Contract Until….
- Make sure the addresses listed and all contact information is correct.
- Make sure the company’s insurance and liability policy are clearly spelled out in the contract.
- Any additional services you have requested and their associated charges should be itemized in the agreement.
Things You Need to Do before the Move
- Keep valuables and jewelry with you at all times.
- Ask for a copy of the inventory sheet.
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy may cover any damages. Check with your insurance agent before moving day.
Kansas Cross Country Movers for Hire
10442 W. 116th Terrace #220
Overland Park, KS 66210
435 Nicholas Rd. #200
Kansas City, MO 64112
Kansas Storage Facility Directory
9435 Holmes Rd.
Kansas City, MO 64131
2741 Merriam Ln.
Kansas City, KS 66106