- Joint Base Charleston, Sc Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Shipping To A Base In The Conus Area
- Full List Of Military Shipping Services We Offer
- Military Car Shipping
- Preparing Your Car For Shipment
- Military Motorcycle Shipping
- Preparing Your Motorcycle For Shipment
- Contact Us
Joint Base Charleston, SC Shipping Services by A-1 Auto Transport
Joint Base Charleston was one of 12 joint bases formed in 2010 in the United States as a result of legislation that ordered the consolidation of separate military facilities which were adjoining into a single joint base. With over 20877 acres encompassed by the joint base charleston, it hosts 67 Federal Agencies and Military Command and services over 79,000 military personnel.
It is home to the United States Airforces 628th airbase wing (628th (ABW)) which is responsible for proving supporting services such as housing, maintenance, security, legal, food service, among other things. All these duties fall under what is known as installation support.
Shipping to a Base in the CONUS Area
Since the 628th (ABW) at joint base charleston provides housing and other essential services for military personnel, it is has a large population with new postings occurring frequently. If you have been posted to the 628th ABW and you would like to arrange for the transportation of your personally owned vehicle (POV) you will need to contact a reliable company like A1 Auto-transport.
The united states government normally does not sponsor shipping for POVs for personnel posted within the united states. There are of course some exceptions and you would need to contact your transportation officer to find out if you are eligible for a sponsored move.
Full List of Military Shipping Services We Offer
- Household goods
Military Car Shipping
When shipping a motor vehicle to the Joint Base Charleston there are several factors to take into consideration. Completing the necessary documentation is essential to the success of your car shipment. Without adequate complete documentation, your car shipment move may not be processed in time which may leave you stranded.
Preparing your car for Shipment
In preparation for your car shipment, you will need to take note of the following; Remove all personal items from inside the vehicle and disable the alarm
- Clean the inside and out preferably at the car cleaners, however, you can do this on your own.
- Empty the gas tank, engine oil and coolant so that they don’t leak during transportation
- Document all current damage such as cracks or dents on the car well to avoid disputes in the event of a damage claim.
- Ensure that the vehicle is fully registered by or at least leased by an active member of military staff or military dependant
- Ensure that the vehicle must is road-worthy, functional, and legal to travel on public highways and have at least 4 wheels with the exception of a motorcycle.
Military Motorcycle Shipping
Undertaking a motorcycle shipping expedition as an individual is almost impossible when you have a long-distance to cover, not to mention the total toll it would have on your body, added costs of gas, wear and tear, and lodging along the way. This may leave the overall bill skyrocketing as compared to just hiring a reliable moving service.
Preparing your motorcycle for Shipment
Preparation for shipping a motorcycle is nearly similar to that of a car
- Draining fluids like gas or coolant is important as it prevents leaving during transportation
- Ensure you have all the appropriate, necessary documentation.
- Clean the motorcycle prior to the move and document all defaults like cracks and dents.
Your vehicle provides you with convenience on a daily basis, let us at A1 auto transport make your POV shipment just as convenient. A1-auto transport offers reliable, comprehensive POV shipment services. If you are looking for a dependable company to assist you with a military vehicle move Contact A1 Auto transport at (1-800-452-2880).