Johnson City Long Distance Moving Companies
Settling into your new apartment, purchasing your first home, or starting life in an upscale estate – what's not to like? With some planning and, of course, a reputable mover, you're set for an adventure of a lifetime. We have moved thousands of people in and out of Johnson City and you can rest assured your move will be a success. We also offer vehicle transportation.
- Create a schedule with a list of tasks for everyone involved. Set a timeline within which every task should be completed. This way, the process will proceed smoothly and you will achieve your goals faster.
- You probably have more than 4 weeks to pack. Start immediately and pack at least two boxes a day. You’ll be slow but you will be through by the time the big day approaches. Waiting until the last minute is not a great idea and will leave you confused and disorganized.
- Cancel subscriptions, local services, internet and other utilities and have them switched over to your new address. Don’t forget to notify business associates, friends and family of your move and email them the new address.
- Research top movers in your locality and book a moving date. Only hire a reliable mover to avoid complications. Movers will make your work easier and less stressful.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why it is important to hire a professional mover
- Saves you money: For most people, moving on their own feels like the cheapest and easiest option. But if you consider the damage or loss if your items break, the time you will take off work, and the hassle of looking for trucks and equipment – it makes things challenging. On the other hand, professional movers are organized and will charge you a fixed bill. They will handle the whole process saving you time, money and effort.
- Experience using equipment: Professional movers have the right equipment for lifting and carrying heavy items. They know how to pack, load and unload items without breaking them. The use of dollies, straps, and ramps makes it easy, fast, and safe, hence helping you settle within the shortest time possible. Don’t take the risk, hire movers today.
- Stress-free relocation: No matter the size of your move, it can be stressful and tiring. The nightmare of packing alone is dreaded by many. Professional movers know what to do in every situation and have skilled experts to make sure the process is as smooth as possible. You can relax knowing that your move is in capable hands.
- Professional movers are insured: There is always the risk of items getting damaged during a move. If you move on your own, you will be the one repairing or replacing those items. But with a professional moving company, your items are protected. This makes you eligible for compensation in case of an accident, theft or fire.
Steps to take when hiring a moving company
Seek recommendations from co-workers, family, and friends. Get as much information as possible and list down several movers. Give preference to local movers since getting firsthand information will be easy. Since these are people you trust, you can expect genuine opinions from them.
Screen each mover on your list and check out their reputation. Movers listed in the Better Business Bureau is a vote of confidence although you will need to do more research. Get online and read their reviews and ratings so that your decision is based on pure facts.
Work with a legitimate company. Verify their credentials with the FMCSA and make sure they have a USDOT Number displayed on their trucks and vans. If your move is local, check with the state authorities. The licenses should be up-to-date so that you don’t run into issues later on.
Our main services
- Storage options
- Professional packing
- International moves
- Commercial moving
- Residential moving
- Military relocation
- Furniture relocation
- Piano moving
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
Every move entrusted to us is handled by a team of dedicated staff. Our services are a level higher than most movers and we want each client to have a great moving experience. Whether your move is local, international, commercial or residential, A-1 Auto Transport is qualified to meet and exceed your expectations. We believe in excellence and every time we give our best to make your move as seamless as possible.
Book your move
You don’t want just any company, you want the best and we are here for you. Our call center is available 24/7 and you can reach us on 888-509-3213. Grab your free quotes by completing the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.