Jersey City Long Distance Moving Companies
Your new house awaits. You’ve finally set the moving date and there is no going back. The joyous anticipation of moving out of your current neighborhood cannot be contained. And to keep the spirits of moving high, you need a company that will take the stress out of moving and turn it into an adventure. We are professionals and know exactly what to do. Your move to Jersey City will be just that. Visit our New Jersey offices to book your date and let us get moving. We also relocate vehicles.
Tips to make your move easier
- Have an assortment of boxes as well as bubble wrap, marker pens, and labels ready before you start packing. This way, you can pack without having to rush back to the shops for more supplies. Packing materials can be purchased from moving companies near you.
- Purge your items. Moving gives you an opportunity to get rid of those items you no longer need. Put them in separate boxes and decide whether to sell or donate them. Any item that has not been used for more than a year should be discarded.
- If you have young kids, consider hiring a babysitter on moving day. Your hands will be full and the last thing you want is distraction. Plus, there will be boxes and other items everywhere making it unsafe for them to move around.
- Use up all the food in the kitchen, refrigerator, and freezer. Perishables can't last the journey and will spoil the other items. If you must carry food, use a cooler instead.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Storage options: If you are looking for a safe place where you can temporarily store your household items, professional movers have got your back. They offer flexible payment options which is worth it considering the favorable conditions your items will be kept in. You can use the space to keep your items as you look for a suitable house.
- Insurance: There is always a risk of breaking household items and with a professional moving company by your side, you won't have to be worried. They know how to handle even the most fragile items such as sculptures and paintings. They will pack and transport them with care and ensure safe delivery. Besides, they are insured which means you're covered in case of an accident.
- Reliability: Hiring professional movers is the best option compared to depending on your friends. Apart from reliable services, the movers are trained to complete a move fast. The moment you hire them, they dive right in and do their best to fulfill your moving goals.
- Convenience: When moving, there are a lot of things you have to consider. From hiring trucks to packing your stuff and loading them. This can be quite overwhelming. But with the help of professional movers, you can rest assured that everything will be handled professionally. All you have to do is give directions where you want specific items placed.
How to choose a company you can trust
Seek recommendations from your friends, family and work colleagues. Any information you get might be useful. Shortlist a few movers and investigate them further. Note that your preferences differ from those of your friends and you might not like a company they thought was good.
Get the estimates of at least 5 moving companies. The services offered vary from one mover to another and the more movers you have, the better the chances of finding a reputable one. Go for movers who are affordable but offer quality services as well.
Only hire a licensed moving company. If it is a long distance move, check if the USDOT Number is valid. If you are moving across town, ensure your mover has a permit from the local authorities. Your move is more secure if handled by a registered moving company.
International And Overseas Moving To Or From Jersey City
Through our assistance, you can bypass all the heavy lifting involved in moving. Our company can transport your things across the world and handle them to/from the truck/container.
We'll provide as many people as necessary to complete the pick-up efficiently. The payment will be by the hour and you'll be given an approximation of how long everything will take. If you want to cut down your costs, you can pack/carry everything on your own.
Another way to greatly reduce your moving fee is to get rid of anything you no longer need. Old books you've read 10 times, broken appliances, or old furniture you forgot to get rid of, are great candidates for disposal. A thorough cleaning of your home will not only make it more attractive to buyers but lower your moving fee too.
- Storage options
- Packing supplies
- Military relocation
- Long distance moving
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Vehicle transport
Why you should hire us
We offer hassle-free moving experience to clients locally and overseas. Our personnel meet customers for a one-on-one chat to determine the best ways to approach your move. This gives us a better understanding of your moving needs. At A-1 Auto Transport, we make sure your items are delivered on time and without a scratch or dent. Our trucks are custom made to keep your items safe throughout the journey. Our services are of high standard and come at pocket-friendly prices.
Get in touch
Call us on 888-509-3213 for an appointment or advice. To get free quotes, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.