- Ithaca Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why You Need A Moving Company
- A Checklist For A Reliable Mover
- Tips For A Simple Move To Ithaca
- Why Consider A-1 Auto Transport?
- Our Moving Services
- Try Us Out
Ithaca Long Distance Moving Companies
Ithaca is a city and the county seat of Tompkins County, New York. It hosts Cornell University, an Ivy League University which is known for advancements in the sciences and classics. Most residents in the metropolitan area work in the education and medical centers in Ithaca. The city has sufficient recreational and captivating views across the Buttermilk Falls State Park, Ithaca Falls and the nearby Great Lakes. If you wish to make your move smooth, engage A-1 Auto Transport. The most experienced moving and vehicle relocation company in New York.
Why you need a moving company
- Accountability. You want your items handled by professionals who are liable for any damages that might occur. Moving companies are responsible for possessions once you hire them. They pack, load and transport your goods using efficient techniques and proper equipment. They also take an inventory of all your goods to ensure nothing gets forgotten or misplaced during the move.
- Peace of mind. Moving can be an exacting time. The huge number of activities you have to handle can raise your stress levels. All these tasks can be too much especially if you have many items and don’t have sufficient time to execute the move. Moving companies deal with most tasks and have a record of success with each move they handle. This assures you of a stress-free move.
- The moving season. When moving across New York during the months of October to April, it can be demanding due to the harsh weather conditions. The foggy weather reduces visibility while the ice on the road can cause cars to skid. Moving companies are adept to this kinds of conditions since they have advanced moving equipment such as trucks which have increased grapple on the road and real-time satellite tracking technology. This ensures they can safely move and deliver your load on time.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A checklist for a reliable mover
- Membership. Moving companies which are members of professional associations have the best services. They are trained on how to handle customers, provide quality services and charge fair rates. The American Movers and Storage Association is one of the most trusted country wide moving associations. A-1 Auto Transport is a member.
- Permits. Check the company’s household goods moving license at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. The association is mandated by the United States Department of Transport to monitor moving, storage and auto transport companies in the country.
- Moving quote. A quote is determined by the distance you are moving and the items you are moving with. Moving companies have different charges according to the weight, distance or time used handling your move. To ensure you get the most affordable quote, ask several companies for a quote and compare their prices.
- Customer reviews and complaints. Check the opinion of past customers at the Better Business Bureau. The site deals with over a million moving cases annually. They know how the moving industry operates in and out. Steadfast moving companies have multiple positive customer reviews while average movers have numerous complaints from most of the customers they handle.
Tips for a simple move to Ithaca
- Move during the winter or autumn season when fewer people are moving. This ensures availability of movers and affordable moving rates. Avoid the summer season when most people are moving across the country for vacation.
- Move only with the household goods you need in your new premises. Sort out your belongings and purge the old and broken items.
- Pack you goods strategically. Begin by packing seasonal items as you move to everyday items. If you lack the required packing skills, use A-1 Auto Transport’s full-service move (packing and unpacking included).
- Keep all your moving receipts. Some can be used to claim tax benefits from the Internal Revenue Service.
Why consider A-1 Auto Transport?
We work according to the customers preferences. You decide when to move and your preferred moving design. We only assist to make your move stress-free and smooth. Our record of a 98% safety rating, nil pending violations and 5-star ratings speak for itself.
Our moving services
- Vacation moves
- College moves
- Military moves
- Packing and unpacking
- Storage services
- Small moves
- Senior moves
- Pet transport
- Officer moves
- Furniture moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
Try us out
Give us a call on 1-888-509-3213 and speak with a moving expert. Fill out the form at the top of A-1 Auto Transport and get access to our great discounts.