Importing a vehicle into any country presents many obstacles, but if you hire reputable and experienced professionals to ship the vehicle for you, a safe delivery can be expected.
Shipping a car to Jamaica from the United States isn’t as difficult for the experts as it would be for an inexperienced individual. As an authentic overseas auto transporter, they’ll have the latest shipping equipment and foreign import policy information to help you ship your car to Jamaica without concern.
The preparation of the car might be the most difficult part of the shipping process for the customer. After you scheduled your car’s transport to the islands, begin preparing accordingly. Call the Embassy of Jamaica to learn about the current auto import policy in place. In order to earn Customs’ approval for auto importation, you must comply with the country’s rules and regulations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Jamaica’s Car Import Regulations and Documentation.
Even though foreign import laws can change whenever necessary, Jamaica doesn’t alter their policy too often. There are specific forms and certificates to prepare before a transport can even carry out. Your auto transport specialists will assist you with this process, as they are very familiar with foreign import policies.
- License and Passport.
- Import License.
- Bill of Sight.
- Tax Compliance.
- Import Entry Form (C87).
- Proof of Insurance.
- Vehicle Title and Registration.
- Bill of Lading.
- Purchase Invoice.
The vehicle must meet the country’s vehicle standards. Jamaica has different standards set for the wide variety of vehicle types. For instance, private vehicles must be 5 years old or younger to be permitted into the country. If this presents a problem, consult with your transport specialists. They may be aware of loopholes or other ways to gain lawful entry into the country.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory