Is Shipping a Car from the US to South Sudan Possible?
The country of South Sudan accepts all types of vehicles into its borders. Nevertheless, it will cost you. While shipping services are offered at affordable, low rates, the taxes and duties charged by the country will definitely raise the cost of shipping by quite a bit.
Although the taxes for South Sudan are higher, the luxury of having your own car to travel the country will prove to be worth every penny spent.
After you schedule the transport with a reliable shipping company and have chosen the shipping services you’d like, it’s time to start preparing for the car’s delivery and import clearance. You should allow yourself and the transporter several months to complete this preparation process. As long as everything is presented to Customs properly, shipping a car to South Sudan is very possible.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Documents Required for Port Clearance.
- Original Certificate of Title.
- Original Registration certificate.
- Bill Of Lading.
- Supplier’s Invoice(s).
- Duties and Taxes exemption certificate, if any.
- Driver’s License and International Insurance Policy.
- Diplomatic exemption documents.
All importers need registration with the Import/Export Registry at the Ministry of Foreign Trade. All commercial imports into Sudan require an Import Declaration Form (IDF). When the importer applies for an IDF, the information to be filled in is provided by the supplier with a Proforma Invoice. You may contact the South Sudan Embassy for more information in regards to the IDF and auto import policy.
Two Popular Shipping Methods.
- RO/RO shipping is the most cost effective method, yet not all ports accept this method of transport. The vehicle will need to be completely empty so that it can be driven onto the boat and secured. While the vehicle is left open to all elements, it is usually a very safe method, especially since the vehicle is insured through the transport company during its travels.
- Enclosed shipping is a little more expensive but sometimes the cost can be split between to individuals if you aren’t planning on traveling alone. The vehicle may also be filled with any belongings you want sending over as long as they also comply with import regulations. The remaining container space is also able to harbor possessions and this space can be split with someone else.