South Korea and the U.S.A. are known for frequently importing and exporting vehicles to each other. This became more common after the Korea-U.S. Free Trade Agreement was signed in 2012.
Since then, it has become much easier to have a car imported to South Korea. Their import policy for automobiles is lenient and they even have lower duty rates.
As you are searching for a transport company to ship your car to South Korea, make sure they have outstanding qualities and experience in the industry. Hire the transporter that offers the right services at decent rates. They should also uphold a great reputation with their past customers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Does South Korea Have Any Restrictions?
Some countries make it nearly impossible to have a vehicle imported due to their strict regulations and vehicle restrictions. South Korea has very few restrictions when it comes to personal vehicles. As long as the vehicle isn’t considered too large it can easily be imported.
Other restrictions revolve around the car owner’s length of stay in the country. For those moving to the country to reside alone will need to provide proof that they plan to reside in the country for a minimum of one year. For anyone moving into a family home in South Korea, they must have proof that they intend to stay for six months or more. Of course, you should contact the Embassy of Korea eight weeks or so before the scheduled transport. They will give you the most recent auto import policy information available.
How an International Transport Company Can Help.
- They will provide you with a FREE quote and select the right shipping services
- The transport company is familiar with foreign import policies and able to help you comply with South Korea’s importation laws
- Allowing professionals to handle the transport puts the vehicle at much less risk, especially due to the insurance coverage provided by the transporter
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory