- How Much Does It Cost To Export Atvs?
- Which Brand Of Atv Is Best To Sell Abroad?
- How Much Profit Can You Make Selling An American Atv Abroad?
- What Taxes And Fees Do You Need To Pay For Exporting Atvs?
- Can You Make Money Exporting Atvs?
- Ensuring Safe Delivery
The US makes epic off-road vehicles, from the latest quad bikes to off-road three-wheelers and everything in between; American-made ATVs are unique in their quality and durability. As a result, the business-minded people in the off-roading community have astutely observed that US ATVs can sell well overseas to fans in other countries.
However, to sell ATVs in Europe or Asia, you need to navigate the complex bureaucracy surrounding exporting and importing specialized vehicles like ATVs. This piece will explore the process and profitability of shipping ATVs from the US to other countries.
How Much Does it Cost to Export ATVs?
The cost of exporting an ATV will vary depending on several factors. Since not all ATVs are the same, the shipping process for different vehicles needs to change to suit the needs of each shipment.
Here are some key factors to consider when shipping an ATV:
- Shipping method: Sea shipping is the cheapest option for exporting ATVs overseas, although air shipping is faster. Land freight can also ship ATVs to neighboring countries like Canada and Mexico.
- Time of year: The shipping cost varies depending on supply and demand. As a result, shipping when prices are lower can result in savings.
- Weight of the ATV: A heavier ATV will cost you more to ship than a lighter model.
- Vehicle dimensions: A smaller ATV takes up less room on a ship, which can save you since the vessel has more room to carry extra cargo.
- Value of cargo: The more valuable your ATV, the more the insurance company will charge you to cover loss/ damage.
- Destination: Shipping an ATV a longer distance will cost you more than shorter distances in most instances.
Which Brand of ATV is Best to Sell Abroad?
The best-selling brand of ATV that is manufactured in America is Polaris. Polaris sells several luxurious and popular ATVs bought and sold worldwide by off-roaders, farmers, and people living in the countryside.
A new Polaris can set you back anywhere from a few thousand dollars to $30,000+ depending on the model and specialized features you want included. However, Polaris has a significant presence in several countries, including the UK and the EU, meaning you will have stiff competition if you're going to compete in those markets.
Some other popular ATV brands you could try and sell in other markets include Honda and CFmoto. Although, much like Polaris, these are global brands with a presence in many larger countries, meaning you will need to be strategic with where and when you sell these brands.
How Much Profit Can You Make Selling an American ATV Abroad?
Before you can figure out whether exporting ATVs is a viable and profitable business, you need first to explore the money you can make on selling an individual ATV in the first place. See below for some common countries that import American ATVs:
- China- Chinais a significant trade partner with America, meaning you can ship goods quickly and reasonably priced.
- UK - ATV prices are typically higher in the UK than in the US. This offers an excellent opportunity to profit from exporting to the UK.
- European Union- The EU is a massive market with many ATV enthusiasts. The EU is the largest importer of ATVs from the US.
- Australia- Australia is an enormous country with a large population in farms and rural areas. As a result, off-road vehicles and 4WD are popular choices for motorists in the country. Quad Bikes and off-roaders are also typically more expensive here than in the US.
What Taxes and Fees Do You Need to Pay for Exporting ATVs?
To get the ATVs you want to sell abroad to their destination, you will need to pass through customs. To get through customs, you must first pay the necessary taxes and fees and gather the documents required.
The requirements for vehicle export can vary between states, especially when the cars you are moving are ATVs. If you are a licensed dealer with the necessary import documents from the country you are moving the cars to, you can avoid paying several taxes, like sales tax.
However, if you wish to sell ATVs after exporting as a private citizen, you must pay the sales tax on them. Check with your local government or consult a tax lawyer to help determine how much you have to pay when exporting ATVs.
Can You Make Money Exporting ATVs?
You can make money exporting ATVs, provided you choose the right causes and models for shipping and the correct country to sell them in. You can make a few thousand dollars on each ATV you sell, which should cover the costs involved in shipping and the taxes and duties you need to pay.
However, exporting ATVs is certainly not without risk. If you fail to sell an ATV you exported to another country, you will be at least 1,000 dollars out of pocket, excluding the cost of the vehicle itself.
Market trends and consumer demands can also shift, which will determine how much people are willing to pay for ATVs and the cost of shipping. But if you can overcome the challenges and plan effectively for unexpected shifts in the market, you can make a healthy profit from ATV exporting.
Ensuring Safe Delivery
If you plan on exporting ATVs as a business venture, you must choose a reliable shipping company to transport your merchandise. If your ATVs are mishandled, damaged, or lost during transit, it will hurt your business and ultimately eat into your profits. So when picking a shipping company for the job, choose wisely!
At A1 Auto Transport, we ship vehicles to over 190 countries worldwide. We have spent decades moving vehicles of all shapes and sizes from one place to another safely and promptly.
We also offer comprehensive insurance as standard on our shipping services; if your ATV is lost or damaged while in our custody, our insurance policy will pay for the repairs to protect your vehicle and your profits.
On top of this, A1 Auto Transport offers specialized ATV shipping, meaning we know how to handle offroad vehicles with care. Contact us today to learn about our ATV shipping services and get a free quote.