- Best Iowa Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
- Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
- Cheap Movers Near Me
- Choosing Your Iowa Long Distance Movers
- Our Moving Services
- How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Iowa Long Distance Movers?
- Before Signing With A Mover
- Things To Do Before Moving
- International Moving Services In Iowa
- Iowa Cross Country Movers For Hire
- Iowa Storage Facility Directory
Best Iowa Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
One of the most frustrating experiences in life is moving day. There is always so much to do and so much to remember. There are boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, borrowed pickup trucks, and reluctant friends who couldn’t think of an excuse to get out of helping. At best, it is inefficient, awkward, and just plain stressful. At worst, it results in a bunch of broken things, gouges in the drywall from bulky furniture and a little bit of quiet sobbing. There is no need to put yourself through this kind of trouble just to move your house out of Iowa. You can hire a professional moving company to help you get everything from point A to point B while you take care of transferring records, and shutting off utilities. All you have to do is show up, and the truck with your things will be waiting there for you.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Des Moines to Chicago||315 miles||$2,273- $2,831||$4,392- $6,326||2-4|
|Memphis to Ames||525 miles||$2,532- $3,168||$4,943- $7,147||2-4|
|Des Moines to Detroit||552 miles||$2,606- $3,264||$5,102- $7,386||2-4|
|Denver to Des Moines||615 miles||$2,664- $3,340||$5,225- $7,568||3-5|
|Texas to Iowa||943 miles||$3,055- $3,849||$6,057- $8,807||3-5|
|Ames to Philadelphia||979 miles||$3,143- $3,964||$6,249- $9,096||3-5|
|Des Moines to NY||1025 miles||$3,341- $4,224||$6,692- $9,780||4-6|
|Iowa to Arizona||1343 miles||$3,545- $4,488||$7,106- $10,374||4-6|
|Seattle to Ames||1450 miles||$3,666- $4,645||$7,366- $10,766||4-6|
|Davenport to LA||1613 miles||$3,908- $4,962||$7,888- $11,551||5-7|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in Iowa? You could spend a large amount of time researching moving companies, trying to find cost-cutting tactics, and negotiate for a more affordable quote. Your other option is just to hire the right company from the start. A1 Auto Transport has been leading the transport industry for years and enjoys the challenge of solving problems for their customers.
A move from Iowa to Florida is almost 1400-miles and over 20-hours of driving. Going to California? That’s over 1850-miles and nearly 30-hours of drive time. Your move might not be that far, but it gives you an idea of the mileage required to get you from one point to the next. If these numbers stress you out, we understand. Let us do all the heaving lifting, from load in, transport, and delivery. We are built to give our customers confidence that their belongings are in good hands. Work with us today, and we will get you connected to the professional transport teams located near you. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your Iowa Long Distance Movers
Choosing a moving company can be scary. You are trusting them with all your worldly possessions, after all. If you do your research beforehand you will know that the company you chose are trustworthy and conscientious.
- Level of experience: Is this company a couple of guys who bought a used van last week, or is it a group of trained professionals with years of experience in the industry. Find out before you hire them.
- How much will the company’s insurance cover if there is breakage: The law only requires moving companies to cover $0.60 per pound, but some will offer more coverage like full replacement cost or depreciated value.
- Look at reviews and testimonials: The internet can be a great resource for researching what kind of reputation a company has. Look at sites like Yelp to help you determine if they have a history of excellence.
- Department of Transportation: All movers who operate between different states must be registered with the federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure if you are moving out of state that the company you choose is in compliance of these laws.
- BBB approval: Movers recognized by the Better Business Bureau often have a wonderful reputation.
- Additional services: Check which services the company offers and how much extra they cost. You may want to take advantage of a packing and unpacking service, for example. It also helps to know ahead of time if moving your piano will cost you more.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Cheap Iowa movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Iowa Long Distance Movers?
Cost can vary greatly depending your needs. The distance you need to move, the weight of your possessions, and what additional services you have chosen will affect the total cost. Other factors that can contribute to the final total are fuel costs and whether or not you are moving during the company’s busy season. Be sure to call for an accurate free estimate.
Before Signing with a Mover
- Check and double check all addresses and phone numbers. You wouldn’t want to have your belongings delivered to the wrong address because you didn’t check.
- Look at the liability and insurance policy concerning lost or damaged items. Make sure it is listed clearly.
- All costs and additional service charges should be clearly spelled out on the contract.
Things to Do before Moving
- It is always a good idea to transport valuable items yourself rather than leave it up to the movers.
- The company should keep a list of inventory that gets loaded onto the truck. Ask for a copy for your records.
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy may cover any damages. Check before moving day.
International Moving Services in Iowa
If you’re going to move in a few weeks, it’s important to start organizing your belongings’ transport now. The longer you wait, the more likely it will be for complications to appear and for movers to add on fees for the late notice.
Booking the move early will also give you more freedom to choose how everything will be handled. Perhaps, you can’t afford to have the company pack everything. You may want to do it on your own.
Regardless of your plans, we can accommodate you. We can even provide the packing materials while you take care of the packing itself. Of course, our experience will ensure everything is perfectly prepared if you allow us to intervene.
Iowa Cross Country Movers for Hire
Adamantine Spine Moving
Iowa City, IA
Riley Moving and Storage
4161 Dixon St. #116
Des Moines, IA 50313
Iowa Moving 1
2958 99th St. #5
Urbandale, IA 50322
Iowa Storage Facility Directory
4933 E. Broadway Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50317
Quality Care Storage Company
761 Camp Cardinal Blvd.
Coralville, IA 52241
Garage Mahaul Self Storage
4181 Alyssa Ct.
Iowa City, IA 52240