Iowa City Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether you are relocating to a new home, apartment or office, moving for college, looking for a change of scenery or relocating to a dream city, interstate moving is a challenging task that requires professional skills and experience not to mention federal authorization. Professional moving companies come to our rescue by providing moving help to enable us to relocate with ease and cheaply. A-1 Auto Transport Inc is the preferred choice for a move to or from Iowa City, Iowa.
Being a well established and highly reputable global shipper, A-1 Auto Transport Inc is well situated to move you comfortably and seamlessly to any destination across the United States and worldwide. We help with all moves in Iowa City, interstate moves, across the country moves, and international moves. A-1 Auto Transport Inc also offers vehicle transport services.
Tips on how to make your move easier
These valuable insider tips can help you get ready for your move.
- Design a moving calendar: Moving is about meeting deadlines and it is important to create a moving plan to keep you up to speed. You need to identify your moving needs, determine the cost of moving, find a new place, return the paperwork and fees for it, decide on your moving date, book your space with your professional moving company, and serve the relevant moving notices to the respective landlords. You should also carefully go through the policies of the concerned buildings to find out if you are required to make reservations for the use of certain amenities such as the parking lot and elevators on moving day or if there are restrictions on movement at certain times, for example when the management office is closed.
- Come up with a budget: Make sure you have enough money to meet the cost of moving in full before you embark on your move, to avoid getting stuck mid-way through. Get an estimate from the movers associations or local reputable moving companies early, to allow you to arrange for the required funds in time.
- Inventory your property: You will want to know what you own before you decide on what to move and the possessions to get rid of. To achieve this objective, thoroughly clean out your place including the unfrequented areas such the basement and the attic to ensure nothing is forgotten. Make a complete list of your belongings and then donate your old and unnecessary items to charity for a tax deduction.
- Get a professional mover in Iowa City: A reputable mover has the necessary experience, equipment, and facilities to move you fast, affordably, and efficiently.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
Professional moving companies offer the most convenient way to relocate because they have the necessary licenses, insurance, resources, economies of scale, and facilities for a quick, smooth, and low cost move.
- How to find the best moving company: Search for an experienced moving company.
- Find established movers: Seek referrals, get a shortlist from the movers associations, or browse.
- Evaluate the movers: Establish the legitimacy of their USDOT/MC numbers and authorization. Check out their rankings and feedback from their customers on Better Business Bureau (BBB), Google Reviews, Angie’s List, and other online consumer reviewers. Inspect the equipment at their offices in Iowa City.
- Cost of moving: Ask for an estimate in writing from at least 3 movers. Reject the non-binding estimate since it doesn’t have a price cap meaning that your moving cost will be much higher than the quote.
- Determine your mover: Examine the proposals and hire your shipper.
Our moving services
As a full service shipper, we plan your move, pack, load, and move your belongings and unload, unpack, and set up the new house. We also offer moving storage.
We specialize in:
- Auto Transport
- Pet Transport
- Apartment Moves
- Office Moves
- Commercial Moves
- College moves
- International Moves
- Vacation Moves
- Government Moves
- Military Moves
- Cheap Iowa City movers
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We have experienced staff, storage facilities, special vehicles, the proper equipment, and offices in cities and metros nationwide and globally. We have been offering an outstanding seamless moving experience throughout the country and internationally at rock bottom prices for over two decades and have 5-Star rankings on online consumer reviews.
Talk to us Now
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.